10 Bold - Programs and Schedules

I could have come to that conclusion myself.
Thought someone might actually know, instead I get this, thanks I guess.

You asked if it was a WIN thing and I confirmed that it is just a WIN thing :stuck_out_tongue:

There is nothing else to it.
Bruce has access to the Crawford library and keeps insisting he can programme his own network against 10, so he plays these shows instead of what 10 offer.

What, an explanation of why it’s a WIN thing?

1 Like

So Kojak and Magnum PI are part of the Crawford’s library? Because there’s nothing anywhere I can find to even suggest this other than the magically appearing on the EPG

What I got is an assumption, I’d already made that.
I am well aware how WIN are capable of programming other shows instead of what 10 offer them. Not sure why you would given they’re paying 10 anyway for the programming but thats another discussion for somewhere else.

I am not assuming. It has been discussed in length in the past about the alternative programming that WIN has been offering.
Maybe its not part of the Crawfords library, I’m not sure about this, but both of those shows have been discussed already and WIN has in fact bought the rights to them to play them.

I’m not sure what other info you’re trying to find??

2 Likes

Then why ask if it’s a WIN thing if you already knew?

1 Like

Kinda making my point…
As in, was merely a question, thought someone might actually know.

Fair enough. I’d have to say no. No one knows why Bruce does what he does. He runs his operation very privately with his own agenda, when it comes to scheduling anyway. If you find out why, please share with us.

2 Likes

Read my initial post,

Was checking if it was a WIN thing or whether it was something 10 have dropped into the multichannel schedule next week a la Fresh Off the Boat and New Girl. I live in a WIN region.
Anyway, moving on, those 2 are in the regional schedule.

I would’ve guessed that nostalgia may have had something to do with Bruce making such unusual programming decisions for WIN or their associated multichannels, especially since most of the recent ones have been in off peak timeslots during the Summer non-ratings period.

Still seems odd that the programming of 10 WIN Bold would be changed though, especially when shows like NCIS are likely to be more popular in WIN’s predominantly regional (with all due respect to Canberra & Hobart) viewing areas than younger-skewing content on 10 WIN Peach!

Very strange move that defies (conventional) logic. The NCIS / NCIS:LA repeats on WIN have been rating very well - 2nd highest rating multichannel share regionally and number two multichannel program at 7.30 outrating SBS.

The only (admittedly bizarre) explanation I can think of is perhaps too many regional advertisers are showing some interest in 10Bold but the rates are lower than the main channel so WIN wants to deflect their attention back to the main channel. I’m A Celebrity has been an equally good success regionally as it has been for 10 - easily beating the tennis and cricket every night (an almost unprecedented result for WIN with 10 programming), so perhaps WIN wants the advertising dollars there.

I said it was a bizarre theory; perhaps it’s just that Bruce is worried about his investment in Prime and needs WIN to rate lower :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I reckon it’s a power play. Keeping the upper hand, even if it means his own viewers miss out. He has shown time and time again that he doesn’t care about the viewer.

1 Like

NCIS obsession is just about right! :wink:

That doesn’t make sense because increasing the rates on WIN Bold would do the same job without the increase in costs.

What I do find interesting about this is that Kojak and Magnum PI are still readily available elsewhere. Doesn’t the WIN Corporation prefer to have all the rights to any programming?
Will have to check to see if these two do actually air Wed/Thu.

Anyone in a WIN coverage area know if Kojak aired this evening? Just noticed Magnum PI is gone from tomorrow nights schedule and replaced by the NCIS that is on 10Bold.

According to online guides, 10 Bold will show Sea Patrol UK at 7pm Sundays from tonight (January 27). It’s the British documentary which ran over two seasons, not the Channel Nine drama starring Lisa McCune.

3 Likes

It’s not the Australian Drama.

It’s this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Patrol_UK

3 Likes

Appears that Ten got new masters of Hogan’s Heroes a while ago. Before, they were playing DVD-quality PAL (time-compressed by 4%) versions of the episodes, but then switched to VHS-quality transfers that ran slower (NSTC speed), as if they came from America.

1 Like