1 News NZ

1 News has been in HD for a couple of months now. These screencaps are from the TVNZ livestream online.

1 Like

It seems this just may be permanent for breakfast now, hmm!

3 Likes

Perhaps they haven’t finished changes yet? Seems weird they wouldn’t incorporate the wall of screens into something permanent

2 Likes
1 Like

I quite like the desk itself, but the design on the desk is horrible.

Tonight’s 1 News at Six

3 Likes

No AR graphics so far tonight

4 Likes

Small changes to lighting tonight - changing from reds to blues.

Also worthy to note Midday/Seven Sharp still presenting from temporary sets which suggest the main News set is still being worked on.

6 Likes

Maybe they only rented it for the weekend ha.

Seven Sharp in its small set still. Perhaps the One News set will be moved in front of the wall of screens? Would love better with its curved nature.

5 Likes

I do like the reds now being white looks a lot nicer, just a shame sports still at that silly screen and that the set isn’t curved!

From watching the six tonight te desk to me is too small, Simon and Wendy looked uncomfortable and they still try frame their individual shots like they used to with old desk. (Framing their body with the screen borders) had a real awkward feeling.

The desk needs a top lip like most round desks and a bigger platform… Newshub, BBC etc

1 Like

Peter Williams presenting Tonight this evening with Melissa Stokes filling in on Breakfast.

This shot looks nicer than previous. I see to accomodate him there they chucked an extension of the platform in.

3 Likes

I think they should spin the desk around for this shot.

Always great watching Peter Williams. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him host Tonight news.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Looks far better in that orientation.

4 Likes

Beautiful looking set. Some of our networks should take a look!

5 Likes

This is something I hear time and time again. Is it fair to say NZ has better news sets? I’d tend to agree.

I’d say that its probably the best (excluding Nine News).
None of Seven’s sets are as sleek as this, and Ten’s set is just so outdated now.

3 Likes

Te Karere set

3 Likes