1 News NZ

I totally i agree, Newshub is much more polished and all the presenters suit there roles! Sam Hayes & Mike McRobets are a great team on 6pm news.

2 Likes

Well in Tonight’s case, the news is geared towards a younger audience, so ties aren’t a major thing to worry about

2 Likes

I’ve watched 3 National News from 1989 and it’s subsequent iterations since and have always found them on TV3 to appear more friendly. As a non-regular viewer of 1 News, when I do see it, I find they talk down a bit, like a school teacher, and phrase things (especially in the tease before the 6pm bulletin) over-dramatically. I don’t need Simon or Wendy (former 3 News weather presenter) to tell me I’ll be shocked by a story. I can make up my own mind, thanks.

But each to their own eh?

Also, why not add Prime News to the discussion? Sure they’re a NewsHub lite now, but didn’t used to be. Always liked Eric Young, He’s a bit like Geoff Bryan or Peter Williams, old school training you know. Makes a world of difference.

5 Likes

IMO, yes. I thought it was a disaster heading into it, the name was naff and it would bomb. But, its regenerated it quite well, especially with the flak TV3 took 2014-15. Having one brand to tie across TV/Web/Radio is smart in this climate.

5 Likes

IMG_5543
So this is the 1 News election set

2 Likes

Someone needs to let them know that there’s a wall of blank screens in the way.

1 Like

After nearly 40 years on NZ screens, veteran broadcaster Peter Williams has confirmed he will be leaving TVNZ at the end of next year.

1 Like

Will be missed, one of the all time legends of broadcasting in NZ.

3 Likes

New desk for One News and the studio pan has the 1News logo and map on NZ in augmented reality, but no other major changes to studio I could quickly see.

Slightly modified background graphics too.

Quick cap taken by phone off TV.

1 Like

The use of AR graphics is brilliant!

1 Like

Screencaps

8 Likes

The graphics are nice but what were they thinking with that desk?!?!

4 Likes

I like what they’ve done but they’ve also failed. The deal is circular the graphics are circular the logo is circular… the set isn’t. Doesn’t work. Desk needs to be on a bigger tray and I don’t like how sport is in front of that crappy screen.

1 Like

I reckon too when a bulletin is single headed that the presenter should sit in the centre

3 Likes

Ending screencaps

3 Likes

Just when I thought nothing was worse than that wooden desk back in 08… The new desk looks horrible. Graphics are awesome, but my god is that set terrible…

1 Like

I don’t mind the desk… unfortunately the rest of the set doesn’t match it hence why it looks out of place. This was addressed by another user earlier - the set needs to be rounded, not straight plasma screens. Having a round desk in a square space looks awful.

But I agree - graphics look great.

3 Likes

Still not in HD?

1 Like