Nine Cricket Coverage

There is a god!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like he may be calling channel 7 AFL games next year which is more screen time than his Channel 9 commitments! :scream:

Thank god I donā€™t support AFL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lucky youā€¦

2 Likes

Brayshaw may stay at Nine to co-host AFL Footy Show with Rebecca Maddern after all.

Channel 7 should go after him. Heā€™d be a great replacement for Dennis. On the cricket however, heā€™s slightly annoying.

When Mark Nicholas met Kerry Packer. (A very entertaining read).

4 Likes

Summer of Cricket promo -

7 really donā€™t need Brayshaw on there team

[quote=ā€œJohnsonTV, post:65, topic:1894, full:trueā€]Brayshaw may stay at Nine to co-host AFL Footy Show with Rebecca Maddern after all.[/quote]Hereā€™s hoping. Havenā€™t watched it for many years so wonā€™t affect me. I really hope he doesnā€™t join Seven. They donā€™t need him in the slightest.

[quote=ā€œFiretorch, post:66, topic:1894, full:trueā€]
Channel 7 should go after him. Heā€™d be a great replacement for Dennis. On the cricket however, heā€™s slightly annoying.[/quote]Seven should stay well away from Brayshaw. They already have plenty of average commentators as it is without adding another to the team. Heā€™s terrible enough on the radio but takes it to new heights on TV.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, Iā€™d prefer him over Brian Taylor any day. And Hamish. And Luke Darcy. And Basil.

Iā€™d prefer you commentating over Brayshaw :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How flattering, thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasnt trying to be flaterring :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how true this is. But Iā€™ve heard that with digital radio there is a way to delay it so you can sync it with the action on TV

Hence the :stuck_out_tongue:. I thought it would be too subtle for some (including you). :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think thereā€™s only a few models that do this.
I have a couple of digital radios, and I donā€™t think any of mine have that function.

Also, digital radio is a couple of seconds behind analogue radio, so would be closer to being in sync than analogue radio,

Bruce followed by Darcy would have to be the best out of all of their current crop of commentators (not saying much I know!). Adding Brayshaw would be a massive mistake IMO.

BT is usually pretty awful I must admit (he is slightly better on radio however), but this major goal call on MMM on GF day was amusing to say the least.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZvdsDro8Ik

1 Like

I think this is the Ch 9 cricket forum

With the first test of 2016-2017 getting underway in WA tomorrow, a few thoughts:

1. It feels way too early, for me this is still ā€˜racing seasonā€™ (and golf). I know it was the same last year, but it should be late November or early September. Too many gaps in-between.

2. Last years cricket was woeful, not Ch 9ā€™s fault, but God help us of we have to put up with that again. Also the terrible weather in Sydney created a washout.

3. The ratings have also been falling over the years, last years First Test (in QLD) didnā€™t register much over 600kā€¦ Hopefully the day-night test this year can help correct that.

4. I know Melbourne has been the only market in recent years with strong figures. Perhaps Cricket Australia need to ditch their Melbourne-centric roots & invest more into NSW, etc?

5. The cricket commentary team is perceived as bad, except the legend Bill Lawry. Perhaps new faces?

With Ch 10 pulling great BBL ratings, will be a very interesting summer :grinning:

What gave it away?

6 Likes