Zumbo’s Just Desserts

Ali struggled in latter stages of both the biscuit challenge and the Zumbo test. I think the pressure of keeping her high standard overwhelmed her.

The part where she threw Zumbo into the chocolate bath was OTT.

He didn’t look impressed.

2 Likes

No love for cheese and bacon shapes? Disappointing.

1 Like

Time Zumbo realised the only reason he is known by name is MasterChef (and their pathetic obsession with making stars out of losers that work in commercial kitchens). He’s been bitchy with them for ages - you’re not a star.

Back in your box.

Speaking of bitchy comments… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not demanding the world of MasterChef though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rachel Khoo has written about her makeup on the show, and her website also has an episode by episode guide to her clothing!

Rachel says on her blog above that people located outside Australia won’t be able to tune in to the show, but if they are clever enough, they will discover sites which have whole episodes available on demand. They may also be up on YouTube.

Like any other show…

1 Like

Oh no! It’ll destroy Channel 7’s potential overseas sales of this show!

1 Like

To be fair, these shows are shown overseas. There are tons of tiny cable and satellite channels in Europe and Asia which need all the filler they can get, and it just so happens that Masterchef, MKR and those kinds of formats provide a lot of content. Four episodes a week at 1.5 - 2 hours each.

Masterchef AU is shown on one of the highest rates channels in Asia. I’ve seen MKR also shown on a satellite channel. Undoubtedly Seven would be wanting to pitch Zumbo to channels overseas.

I was so happy that smug Daniel was eliminated last night ,Kate was lucky because she had the experience of already being in a Zumbo challenge and knew how to cope better.

I’m tipping Ali will win the competition.

I caught up with Tuesday’s episode last night and was also pleased that Daniel was gone. His lack of experience of cheesecake baking plus Kate having been in two Zumbo tests before, meant Kate was always going to win.
This week is the semi finals in which two contestants will win golden tickets (one per night) into the Grand Final, set for next Tuesday due to the AFL Brownlow Medal.

Final is Tuesday 27 September at 7.30pm

1 Like

I could not believe it when Zumbo unveiled the mini version of the V8 cake (made famous by MasterChef) to Kate and Brogen for tonight’s semi-final. That cake would be just as difficult to make as the original version. Brogen nailed the presentation but Kate’s re-creation tasted better, and Kate will face Ali in next week’s final. Kate and Ali have both shown great dessert making skills during the series and are worthy contenders for the title.

Caught up with the final on Plus7 after watching Who Do You Think You Are? on SBS then Survivor on Ten. Great work by Ali and Kate. Ali won the Zumbo Test (Sugar and Spice dessert) on presentation but Kate won sweet sensations round on flavours, with her Snow White-inspired dish. The final was much like My Kitchen Rules starting with the judges and the finalists, then eliminated contestants and the finalists’ relatives and friends came in to the studio.
I really enjoyed the show, can’t wait to taste Kate’s creation at Zumbo cafe at South Yarra soon. With low ratings however, I doubt the show will return in 2017.

So this is on Netflix now for some reason.

3 Likes

That’s very random.

In new releases, too ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

In preparation of a second season on Seven with Rachel Khoo. :wink:

2 Likes