XMLEPG / Australian TV Channel List

You didn’t let me down. Your website wasn’t the problem. I was just wondering.

What is the resolution of 7HD in RQLD then?

1 Like

Now you’re confusing me lol. Isn’t 7 QLD HD for 7, 7two and 7mate?

Multiplex names:

1 Like

When did they add HD to the name?

Last time I checked they were 1440x1080 so not proper HD and Seven didn’t add the HD to the name presumably because of that. But don’t take my word for it because I’m probably wrong on that one too. Hard to keep up with RQLD!!

Regional Queensland - all Seven’s multis except 7Flix (and Racing) are in HD at 1920 x 1080i

7HD
7Two HD
7Mate HD
7Bravo is also HD (as in metro areas).

Now it is 1920 x 1080

2 Likes

Extremely off topic but it’s odd how 7two has been HD in RQLD for so long now. Hopefully Nine also find the bandwidth for 9Life HD eventually too (assuming 9Go HD happens soon) .

Did they change it when 7twoHD launched?

Not sure. I think it was when 7Bravo was added perhaps.

1 Like

I think it was always there since the launch of 7HD in RQLD. Seven and affiliates always make sure that if the main channel is HD only, it must say that it is on the name in order for viewers to know the difference.

Nah I’m pretty certain they omitted the HD bit in the names of all three 7’s on 7,70,71 up until a point in time pretty recently. I made specific exceptions for the RQLD names for years.

Note that the main channel doesn’t have HD in the sport watermark.

3 Likes

Ah right. In metro, the HD watermark is still present i believe

Metro

3 Likes

We will have to keep on a lookout if the names of the main channel change at all.

Thanks for the updates. Have changed 7 to 7HD in all RQLD markets and swapped 7twoHD back to 62/72.

1 Like

This screenshot from 2022 shows the absence of HD in the name:

As pointed out above, they continue to omit the HD part of the sports watermark. This anomaly is a remnant of the past when Seven didn’t refer to 7 RQLD as a HD service, in name or on-screen, despite it technically qualifying as one.

Hopefully they’ll fix the sports watermark now that it’s in proper HD.

1 Like

7HD is still 1440x1080i yesterday when I checked here in Toowoomba

1 Like

The plot thickens! Might suggest why the HD sports bug is still omitted.

1 Like

Have Seven managed to change it from 7HD to 7 at all in Toowoomba or any other markets in RQLD because of 1440x1080?

1 Like