Nine (WIN)

An 10play ad for Dancing With The Stars voting is airing completely unaltered on WIN, even if it is based on a clean feed. The 9Now lawsuit comes to mind…

Thats Rolls Royce number 4 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

4, that’s the one that can go underwater right? Shouldn’t it be yellow?

1 Like

An Underwater car would be handy when you live on an island

Thunderbirds…aren’t GO! :rofl:

WIN hasn’t got rights to it anymore, they’re on 9GO! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey, Mr. Wimbley, It happened again.

WIN Peach - Columbo Promo
2 Likes

At least that one is animated.

2 Likes

Ad says 8.40, my online EPG says 8.35. Nice start WIN.

1 Like

Completely against the style guide.

Stay classy WIN.

6 Likes

What does the style guide dictate in this scenario?

Have a look at the 10 Peach promos…

The only thing different I notice is the font for the day and time in the promo and promo ender.

So assume it’ll start at 8.45? :joy::joy::joy:

Note that according to Wikipedia, the show ran from 1968 to 2003. Will Bruce prefer to air 80s episodes?

2 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

What is the point of this? We know from previous WIN statements that they pay for 24/7 of the schedule from the network (in this case 10 Peach) regardless of WIN airs the full schedule or not.

WIN still has to pay 1- Peach’s regular programming, plus Culumb (no programming is free) plus promos must be made, listings updated…all this costs money.

So I’m tying to work out the benefit?

6 Likes

Particularly when it’s on a multi channel that typically only gets maybe a 3% share. If it was on the primary channel whereby the share is more like 15%, I could understand their thinking, but on Peach? No.

3 Likes

But really what would WIN have that they could programme better than DWTS etc. Ten has good programming - unfortunately they can’t attract the viewers. Nothing WIN substitutes it for worked do better.

4 Likes

I agree, but I wouldn’t put it beyond ol Brucie to try something like that, after all, he reckons he “knows a thing or two about programming” when he threatened to breakaway from Nine’s schedule when they had their affiliation dispute 4 or so years ago.

3 Likes

Are WIN (or any affiliate) obliged to take any specific programs from the network? Of course it makes little sense to pay for a network feed/program supply and not use it, but in theory could they opt out of any program or programs they wanted to? Is there a clause stating they must screen or must not time shift specific network content?

Although the legalities are totally different, I believe the American affiliates are obliged to take their network’s prime time schedule. In the UK, there was a huge legal case when STV in Scotland opted out of some of ITV’s flagship shows such as The Bill and Downton Abbey, and refused to pay for them - though, at the time, they weren’t an affiliate as such, just part of the network. Since they became an affiliate, they follow the ITV schedule much more closely.

1 Like