Nine (WIN)

WIN can put whatever they want on screen during Studio 10 unless it breaches any agreement in place as part of affiliation. Surely WIN are allowed to have their own identity?

2 Likes

The Studio 10 “incorrect mappy” has covered up banners during in-game infomercials, and that’s when I noticed it. Around one point, I called WIN’s Illawarra office to remind them that. The voice was a bit muffled, but she could understand me.

As she said “Yep” after talking about the MediaHub people, I turned on the TV today excepting no watermark. But it was still there!

1 Like

Anyways, here’s image proof of why I hate it:

3 Likes

I’m surprised WIN and Southern Cross Austereo haven’t blacklisted you yet with all these phone calls or called the AFP.

17 Likes

Do you seriously expect them to listen to whatever you want onscreen? They probably don’t care.

6 Likes

your so delusional if you think win will ever listen to you iam suprised ur not blacklisted yet but the way ur going u will be

4 Likes

WIN doesn’t really care about 10 All Access (seeing they don’t give a s**t about 10-branded promos airing more often than before on the multichannels), so what if they were to launch a WIN-branded variant specially for streaming Crawfords and WIN-produced (and possibly obscure 80s programs from pre-aggregation that Bruce Gordon is a “fan” of) programs (even those not on DVD)?

1 Like

Why would they care about 10 All Access? They don’t benefit from the streaming service at all.

I don’t think WIN will ever be in a position, both in resources and content, to be able to launch a streaming service that wasn’t a massive failure.

6 Likes

WIN’s pay television venture was a spectacular failure, iirc. They have a poor track record.

5 Likes

SelecTV wasn’t help by Foxtel having exclusive rights to most of the premium content/channels though.

1 Like

Yet Fetch does remarkably well…

3 Likes

Checked my PVR recordings from Christmas 2018 just for the production dates of the two WIN-produced programs:

Alive and Cooking Christmas Special was produced in… 2008 and included the old “ghost map” closer at the end. That closer…

The WIN Symphony Orchestra special on the other hand, was produced in 2017.

Interesting, it would appear the orchestra wound up in 2011. Sitting on some tapes for that long and thought the could make a programme out of it perhaps.

1 Like

The special appears to be a straight-foward one (just the orchestra, nothing else) as I can see. Logo at the end appears to have “Wollongong” edited out of the name as one wouldn’t expect

Accidentaly found this via Google Images. Dates back to the affiliation swap I believe.

3 Likes

It could of been used up until about 6 months ago from what i see the only channels missing is Sky News and the name change for Bold and Peach

1 Like

According to her linked in profile, Sherrie Stow worked for WIN between September 2016 and June 2017.

1 Like

unless win televison does what southern cross did years ago and rebrand as Ten

1 Like

i think win tv here in western victoria might have been knocked out can all the others but just not win

1 Like

WIN Sales in Taree, NSW.

3 Likes