WIN Television

tennetwork
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f81fc2ea628>

Incase the video @Abesty uploaded gets removed:

0 Likes

It’s the exact same video.

3 Likes

I’m kinda surprised that WIN didn’t ditch Studio 10 and 10 News First on Christmas Day. I thought they’ll start running their specials after Headline News.

1 Like

How to subvert YouTube’s automated copyright takedown system:

1. Upload someone else’s video
  2. ???
  3. Copyright: subverted
8 Likes

Or in this case;

1. Paste same link to same video
  2. ???
  3. Profit
6 Likes

Which will make no difference in terms of copyright because it’s the same video, the second post of the video won’t just magically cause the video to ‘come back’ if it does get taken down!

Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Geez, Bruce sure loves his “wholesome family entertainment”

4 Likes

I decided to connect WIN’s preferred “Xmas” lineup from post-Ten so far using promo.

2016:
*Heidi (1993 Mini-Series, very “Burce-y” choice here!)
*Halfway Across The Galaxy and Turn Left (obscure Crawfords-produced kids sci-fi show from 1994 based on a 1985 children’s novel, selected episodes)
*Ten’s Xmas movies as usual (Jingle All The Way 2 and Home Alone 5: The Holiday Heist)

2017:
*Halfway Across The Galaxy and Turn Left (ditto)
*Alive and Cooking Christmas Special
*WIN Symphony Orchestra Special
*The Saddle Club (WIN-produced Series 3, selected episodes)

2018:
Ditto to the above without HATG&TL (hints of a Complete Series DVD release coming soon?), plus mention of Ten airing a single Xmas movie , that being Elf.

0 Likes

In 2016 WIN also broadcast a special to commemorate 40 years since the debut of The Sullivans. Probably a thinly veiled promo for WIN selling the series on DVD

3 Likes

What’s obsure about it? Didn’t see much of the series but loved the book. Probably time for a remake for tv or film.

Australians can so often be critical of their own literature.

2 Likes

I think the series sold well overseas too as a lot of Australian kids dramas did in those days

2 Likes

WIN’s line up tonight and the next 2 differs from Ten.

Tonight they are playing Father of the Bride, then Elf is on Christmas night stating at 7.30pm then That’s Not My Dog on Wednesday.

4 Likes

That explains why the Elf promo used the WIN voiceover guy.

3 Likes

I saw a few minutes of “Father Of The Bride” on WIN last night and it wasn’t in HD.

3 Likes

Presumably WIN’s heavy modification of the Christmas Day lineup is something they and Ten would’ve had to agree to as part of the affiliation contract? Because I don’t remember them doing anything like this during their Nine affiliation days.

Either way, it seems weird that WIN would even bother to modify the programming lineup on perhaps the least watched day of television all year.

Are there any genuine benefits to be had out of WIN scheduling different Christmas Day content to Ten? Or does it just make Bruce Gordon slightly happier to see a programming day predominantly made up of content from the WIN/Crawfords archives?

4 Likes

WIN used to mess with Nine’s schedule all the time… including in Perth and Adelaide.

1 Like

WIN used to show Susie instead of Kerri-Anne.

2 Likes

How old was the WIN Symphony Orchestra Special?

0 Likes

1977! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Despite the HD watermark on the screen, this Saddle Club episode on right now is not in HD.

3 Likes