Nine (WIN)

Bruce and Lincoln Idents:

2 Likes

Some recent WIN presentation

12 Likes

What, no mappy? :wink:

7 Likes

C’mon, you’re late. The mappy is still on the watermark.

Channel 54 is still Sky News on WIN.

Whilst you’d hope it is a temporary thing, it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t.

Given that the Nine affiliates without 9Life were in breach of their Australian content obligations, perhaps this is WIN’s way of ensuring compliance? Since the “main” SNOW is broadcast on a separate licence (I.e. the WIN / Ten licence) this double dipping might actually be legal? Might be cheaper to become compliant by broadcasting a second identical stream of SNOW on different licences than paying fees to Nine for broadcasting 9Life? Certainly less effort needed than replaying Australian programs on 9Go or 9GEM?

9 Likes

I thought about that the other day. It would be a typical move by WIN to give Nine the shits in addition to meeting quotas.

3 Likes

I think @TV-ACT was being sarcastic.

2 Likes

You are right, I think. Broadcasting only Australian content 6:00am - Midnight on a multichannel it would only take the WIN Nine licences 17 days to make up the expected local content deficit, (I’m comparing it to last year).

1 Like

Ident:

9 Likes

Now that 10 Boss has changed its logo, how is the coverup handled by WIN on PRGs/watermarks? Is there a logo with “WIN Boss” in the circle?

Credit: WAtvPresentation

2 Likes

yes but its stays soild like in the start of that video

1 Like

And I think the solid WIN BOSS logo is slightly larger than the 10 BOSS one.

1 Like

Yes. (cap belongs to @Zampakid)

2 Likes

I get the feeling this isn’t the permanent new Boss logo…

3 Likes

It does seem a bit rushed, you’d think a new logo would actually be in line with the rest of the network (ie: text next to the circle 10)

It was Circle with text next to it until a lawsuit was taken out over the logo looking similar to another companies logo, hence the random change.

That’s not quite the story.

1 Like

I got told it was because it was too similar to the companies logo I posted, but that’s just hand-me-down info.

1 Like

Good. I really don’t like the current 10 Boss logo, just looks out of place! If they’d put the “Boss” underneath the normal 10 circle logo, that would’ve been fine, but I really don’t like the “Boss” being inside the circle

1 Like

There’s clearly a reason for this, to differentiate it significantly enough from what they’re allegedly in breach of trademark for.

Simply stacking it under the logo rather than having it next to it probably wouldn’t have been sufficent for the interim.

As @lexington said, it’s likely this is temporary without altering it too much from fb original until a more permanent solution is found and agreed on.

3 Likes