Nine (WIN)

On WIN the relaunch looks a lot more like the Choose Nine era - like this

I don’t think they ever just put the WIN in the circle during that Choose WIN package, though they did on the We :heart: tv era disc with a WIN logo on it…

3 Likes

I still don’t like how they have 2 or 3 logos.
ie. Circle WIN, Mappy WIN and (presumably) Plain WIN as well.

This was a golden opportunity to standardise it.
They’ve missed that one.
(though I suppose I should be thankful that Mappy isn’t on all 3 channels!).

The logo arrangement on the secondary channels is a vast improvement too.

4 Likes

PRG on WIN Peach:

8 Likes

I had the same thought, was like stepping back ten years…

The “D” on WIN HD sits off the right edge of the screen…

1 Like

I think win were really expecting it and it seems like they wanted it with everything being so imedient

After 10 years, the plain WIN has been retired. Now either in the map or circle. Watermark has been shrunk as well.

3 Likes

And gone with it the association it had with nine since the updated version looked like 9s still

I’ll always associate WIN’s logo with Nine’s for as long as the font for the “WIN” text (obviously meant to replicate the curved style of the dotless Nine when it was launched in 2006) remains unchanged!

3 Likes

Except in the news.

…until Bruce next visits our shores and insists it be blown up to triple the size.

11 Likes

As someone posted caps of above, the coverup timing error on WIN Peach

7 Likes

I want to be excited about how WIN adapts to the 10 relaunch. I really do. But since shitstain became a permanent thing, I’ve just lost all interest. Redesigned coverups… yay!

RelievedRepulsiveClingfish-size_restricted

They’ve kind of lost credibility in terms of on-air pres. My 2 cents.

13 Likes

PRG:

8 Likes

I assume the coverup was supposed to kick in right at the start of the PRG, with no 10 branding at all? I see WIN are sticking with a coloured opaque watermark.

Edit: I didn’t realise that the WIN multichannels weren’t clean feeds. How do they handle PRGs and supers when opting out and the wrong “coming next” super is shown?

Won’t be long before they cover the Peach/BOSS text like the good old WIN GEM/WIN GO! days. Really looking forward to that.

Edit: Oh wait, they already have. Didn’t open the thumbnails. Sigh.

5 Likes

Just flicked on to WIN to check out the new presentation with the Ten upgrade.

The first PRG I saw with the new design animated with “Now” and a blue line, but had nothing else written anywhere.

Really liked the new sponsor board, and happy they’ve reduced the size of mappy a little, though a transparent logo would always be better

3 Likes

Multichannel coverups look terrible as usual!

Not liking the multi-channel names “PEACH Townsville” and “BOSS Townsville”, sounds terrible.

WIN Boss still running old sponsor board. A pop up promo for a program on 10 appeared on 10Boss and the “WIN BOSS” coverup blocked most of the words in the pop up, looked terrible and extremely cluttered!

Haven’t seen a single promo for any WIN/10Peach/10Boss programming, but plenty of ads for Sky News on WIN programs :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

why does win have to capitalise the channel name?

Nope nope nope :face_vomiting: :-1:

9 Likes