Nine (WIN)

Was in a Harvey Norman store today looking at TVs and noticed some genius who works there had set all of their nice big 4K TVs to WIN One.

Not only did the shitty WIN quality SD make all of the TVs in the store look terribly blurry, but the massive green logo in the corner was just completely blurry and barely readable (not to mention massive on those big screens).

Can’t see anyone buying any of them in that state

10 Likes

We got a new version of the watermark tonight

4 Likes

Still looks like a piece of crap :stuck_out_tongue:

But… but…

That watermark is Entertaining Australia:crazy_face:

3 Likes

How is it different from the previous one?

They added the HD

Ah. Didn’t know it wasn’t there before. I’m not in WIN territory

Not happening in Tasmania

Interestingly I believe it has often been like that in the eastern states, certainly Queensland has always had the HD add on (inconsistently) since earlier in the year.

2 Likes

Yeah, the HD in the logo been on and off in SNSW all year.

More like NOT entertaining Australia :stuck_out_tongue:

Not in regional SA as well.

Um is WIN not putting start times on ads for it’s own programs? I just saw an ad for Googlebox that just simply said, “Googlebox on WIN” without any indication as to when it airs.

Probably deliberate as a promo that doesn’t include a broadcast time doesn’t count towards non-program material according to the Commercial TV Code of Practice. You will see other networks do something similar, then after a fade to black, they will usually come back with a 2-sec promo that includes the broadcast time.

Only the southern part of QLD.

I’ve still never seen the HD watermark add-on shown at all on WIN HD in North QLD. Similarly anytime I’ve visited Mackay this year the HD hasn’t been present there either.

The HD is on the WIN watermark now. First time I’ve seen it via Central West Orange.

1 Like

Is it part of the logo now or timed separately?

Timed separately.

1 Like

I think Ten is the worst culprit at this so it’s probably no surprise WIN is following suit

It’s not a watermark if it isn’t transparent at all.

6 Likes