Nine (WIN)

Please tell me that is tongue in cheek…

1 Like

+1, I’m just not sure.

1 Like

You make that sound like that’s all a bad thing?? Five star catering, too!

1 Like

I just don’t get why WIN don’t just put this all on Gold and make that a legitimate channel - WIN Gold - with the ‘Gold’ from the Crawfords archives and the crap they somehow have the rights to.

I’ve long thought they’d get more value out of those ad channels if there was content on them that people would tune into them for and then would keep them in their presets - to increase the chance they might watch an ad for the new stone coated flavourwave steam mop.

Even if the substituted programming does well, even up to the point of replacing the ratings of the network programming they replace - they still could have gotten a higher share by airing both sets of programming.

9 Likes

+1 for Matlock Police.

I too am not sure if this is satire.

4 Likes

I think this would be the top notch hors d’oeuvres at a WIN do.

3 Likes

WIN and TEN Need to form a Joint Venture News Service, Like the Idea?

Expect lots of aspic and blackberry nip.

images

4 Likes

If WIN do repeat the Crawfords classics, will they make any attempt to cover up original network captions (ABC, Nine etc)?

1 Like

How does this fit in with Eleven’s target demo exactly? I would’ve thought it didn’t. If ol’ Bruce is going to continue to breakaway from the metro schedule, at least schedule something more appropriate for gods sake! :roll_eyes:

Another thing, currently in the EPG it says this movie stars Pierse Brosnan. I’m not sure who this ‘Pierse Brosnan’ dude is they refer to and I don’t know much about his work or movie history to be honest. :thinking:

And to add to this, I noticed earlier they are also now using a giant promotional watermark for ‘Shaka Zulu’. :roll_eyes:

I have an awful feeling this is just the entrée to something more substantial and with changes to the weeknight schedule next on the Bruce agenda. He’s just testing out random movies on Saturday’s at the moment, right? :persevere:

4 Likes

You had me at Vienetta!

1 Like

Posturing for renegotiation of the affiliation agreement once CBS take control of Ten?

3 Likes

Could we see them change wins logo still win but instead of the Australia map we get the CBS Eye logo with win in the centre :wink:

i would say so :slight_smile: i wouldnt be surpised if cbs by out his share and win would have to find another network i wonder why he brought shares in prime 7 ??? maybe he knows something we dont? maybe he doesnt want win to be with 10 maybe he wants win to be with 7

1 Like

First, Bruce Gordon’s (like everyone else’s) old Ten shares have been deemed worthless, and the court has just transferred all Ten shares to CBS, effective Tuesday 17:00 AEDT (unless one of the two tiny shareholders lodges an appeal by 13:00 AEDT Tuesday, which would risk $50M in costs when they lose).

Second, shares have nothing to do with an affiliation agreement.

As previously discussed (I think in one of the Seven network threads [maybe Prime7/GWN7 or Southern Cross TV], but maybe in the Network Ten post-CBS thread), realistically there’s no chance of Seven West Media dumping Prime7 for WIN: No one with half a brain would want to do such damage to their brand, nor even deal with someone as difficult as Bruce Gordon.
Also Gordon also has shares in Nine Entertainment; that didn’t help him any.

Shares in the Nine & Seven networks gives him some inside info on his competitors, and some of their profits, nothing more.
His shares in Ten used to give him some influence in his affiliate partner, but that’s now gone.

3 Likes

well then maybe win might be going it all alone come 2018 then

1 Like

I would say that CBS has won a Channel 10 takeover. With the WIN Affiliate, there might be a change of a logo. But when will WIN change the logo with CBS so we don’t have to put up with the stupid mappy Shit stain?

Doubt it. WIN could call themselves the Bruce Gordon Powerhouse network and have a watermark to match. They are still entitled to brand themselves however they feel fit

3 Likes

I don’t think anything will change with WIN’s branding. It’s designed to be independent of their affiliate partner’s brand. Mappy will die with Bruce.

1 Like

WIN have never really adopted the TEN style logo, let alone the TEN News theme music… TEN would get the “eye” logo first before WIN does.

2 Likes