Nine (WIN)

This ABC News video features the same track used in WIN Gold idents (skip to 0:23). Does this piece of (presumably production) music have a name?

1 Like

Yes, it does.

Like a lot of production music used by WIN, it’s from the Audio Network library. This particular track is called “Going For Gold” and was composed by Bob Bradley: Going For Gold | Audio Network UK

2 Likes

For those wondering about the Coffs site.

The land is owned by:
KCTV (NO 1) PTY LTD

You need to check this company to see who the directors are to know. Or the ACMA list of controlling entities.

That company also owns 1,263m2 at 306B Parrots Nest Road South Gundurimba, NSW, 2480.

KCTV (No1) Pty Ltd is the former name of Northern Rivers Television Pty Ltd, former licence holder of NRN. KCTV was the vehicle Kerry Stokes and Jack Cowin used to buy NRN in 1994.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchText=062851629&searchType=OrgAndBusNm&_adf.ctrl-state=kb8krrsoi_15

The Bruce Gordon company that owns NRN, and owns the ACMA radiocommunications licences at the Coffs Harbour site, is Network Investments Pty Ltd.

If Northern Rivers still owns the Coffs Harbour site then presumably SCA still owns it.

3 Likes

WIN has slightly changed the bug animation and the Classification Warning, and also brought back the older CC bug.

7 Likes

Yuck.

8 Likes

Look at the blonde girl’s reaction to WIN!

6 Likes

That third cap would be a perfectly fine watermark.

7 Likes

The classification rating box and colour are nice, but should fix the consumer advice and placement within the white so it is more readable and then more presentable.

It is official according to WIN’s website, mappy will be arriving here where I am near Newcastle and Northern NSW on September 1.

1 Like

320x180_WIN_NNSWGC2_border-320x180

7 Likes

WIN’s channel changes:

Gold looks worth the wait.

6 Likes

LCNs will be changing. They look a bit more logical to me than what we were getting with SC10.
5: WIN SD
50: WIN HD
51: ONE
52: ELEVEN
54: TVSN
55: GOLD

They were the following with SC10:
5: Ten
50: ONE
52: Ten HD
55: ELEVEN
56: TBA
57: TVSN

EDIT: was beaten to it by @littlegezzybear :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I like to think someone has just thought “what production track can I use for Gold?” and just typed the word into the library search box.

7 Likes

wonder since all of the east coast has gotten or getting win tv if the logo might change?or is that wishful thinking?

1 Like

What a joke. If WIN were really following accepted channel numbering practice their Ten Network channel numbers in other areas would be 5 and 50 etc, not 8 and 80 etc.

8 Likes

WIN should really have started running promos about the rebrand and channel number changes at the beginning of the month so that there is (hopefully) limited viewer confusion when the switch happens in September. It wouldn’t have been hard to repurpose the affiliation swap promos.

1 Like

They can’t because SCA has the 5 numbers there

1 Like

I know, because WIN refused to change to 5 when SCA asked.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make a difference to your original point though.

WIN currently broadcast no services at all to the NNSW market… they can’t be running promos about the change when they don’t currently broadcast.