Nine (WIN)

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Ten provide the promos to WIN with the WIN circle logo on them instead of a Ten one.
Hence why mappy isn’t used on them.

1 Like

Yep. The lineups kind of prove that Ten does all the promotional stuff for them.

2 Likes

WIN are like the people in the group assignment that don’t give a fuck and are lazy as shit, where as Ten are like those who only give a shit to pass or get a credit (but has to do all the work to pass).

4 Likes

It was only dropped because the company running it went into administration. Otherwise, it would probably still be on-air.

1 Like

I doubt Bruce cares much about picture quality, only have to watch his news to see that.

1 Like

I had pondered that perhaps his eyesight isn’t as good as it once was, and that’s why he wanted mappy, etc. to be bigger & solid (so he could see them clearly, & he might not notice crystal clarity).

3 Likes

WIN airing their own programming on ANZAC Day morning.

At 6:00am, they have scheduled “Return to ANZAC”, instead of Ten’s “Entertainment Tonight”

3 Likes

WIN airs Family Feud at 6am weekdays.

WIN has been in discussions with St George-Illawarra to take a 50% ownership stake in the club, but the talks have been going on for more than a year. Meanwhile, the club has improved it’s on-field performance and as a result a rival bidder has emerged!!

3 Likes

Ooh, I can’t wait for the NRL debut of the newly renamed St George Illawarra Blue Maps!

7 Likes

What do they mean by “Table-topping”?

1 Like

That they are​ at the top of the NRL ladder - they were a couple of weeks ago, now second.

1 Like

Is this just so Bruce can get mappy shown on Nine’s NRL coverage? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

WIN can’t show NRL games now because it’s no longer showing nine network programs except in Griffith and regional SA.

1 Like

Yeah I know, but if he owns a team presumably he’d plaster mappy all over the player uniforms, and that’s how it would be seen when Nine broadcast any of that team’s games.

1 Like

Until they develop the greatest coverup of all time… complete with dots! Kinda like a payback’s a bitch thing to WIN.

1 Like

I don’t watch rugby league that closely. I presume the Nine commentators still refer to WIN Stadium when Dragons games are played in Wollongong and the stadium signage is still seen prominently?

1 Like

I thought they reverted to using a generic term like “Wollongong Stadium” after the Nine-WIN affiliation ended?

4 Likes

(I haven’t watched enough to know but) I hope so; that would be well deserved given WIN’s behaviour & animosity towards Nine.

“the only network to cover every state in the country!” - well every state except the Northern Territory (unless WIN Corporation buys out Ten Darwin and Ten Central)