WIN News

[quote=“ando9185, post:615, topic:214, full:true”]
Don’t know, at 6pm I made the switch to Southern Cross… then back to Nine… then over to WIN for a bit and then back to Nine again and then back to Southern Cross. Was strange having 3 bulletins running at 6. I had my father in law messaging me asking for ways to watch Ten Melbourne’s 5pm bulletin now, he checked all the extra channels but couldn’t find it.
[/quote]I ended up watching WIN News just out of curiosity if much had changed (and it turns out not much has, unsurprisingly), but I did record and watched back the other two bulletins.

I wouldn’t worry too much about losing Ten’s 5pm News either, as I really can’t see WIN’s local 5.30pm bulletin lasting overly long before it’s moved back to the traditional 6pm slot with the Melbourne News reinstated at 5pm. They will really struggle to attract a decent audience at that time IMO.

1 Like

I agree. Knowing WIN News Tasmania and their seemingly constant changes, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if they went back to running a 6pm local bulletin with the Melbourne news reinstated at 5pm by the end of this year. But for now, at least Tasmania can watch Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five Melbourne on TenPlay if they’re suffering withdrawal symptoms! :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course I could be completely wrong, but in the long run I’m willing to predict that Southern Cross News will continue to be a consistent ratings powerhouse, Nine News Melbourne on TDT will likely do OK while WIN News will probably struggle regardless of the timeslot or format.

1 Like

HD caps from the recent timeshift promo out of the Wollongong studios.

Queensland and Tasmania promos are upconverted still.

4 Likes

WIN need to change the font, it’s the same as Nines, most elements are the dames as ni Es come to think of it

2 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:621, topic:214, full:true”]Of course I could be completely wrong, but in the long run I’m willing to predict that Southern Cross News will continue to be a consistent ratings powerhouse, Nine News Melbourne on TDT will likely do OK while WIN News will probably struggle regardless of the timeslot or format.[/quote]Yep, I agree, Southern Cross News will continue to blitz the competition no doubt about that. I’d actually find it funny if Nine News started to seriously threaten or actually beat WIN News in the coming weeks and months. :grin:

3 Likes

Here’s a new print promo in this weekends edition of The Mercury newspaper “WIN’s exciting new lineup of News and Current Affairs” for WIN News and The Project.

9 Likes

Why are they still using red?

4 Likes

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:626, topic:214, full:true”]
Why are they still using red?[/quote]Who knows with WIN. They use yellow on-air though. Just more inconsistency from WIN again. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Just finished watching back last night’s first weekend Tassie bulletin in the new format. Still has the issues with the Ten sourced reports with audio dropouts and glitches. It also seems they have decided to split the sports segment into two parts with an ad-break in between (this results in no break between the cross from sport and the weather segments). A little strange and disjointed if you ask me.

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:625, topic:214”]
Here’s a new print promo in this weekends edition of The Mercury newspaper “WIN’s exciting new lineup of News and Current Affairs” for WIN News and The Project.
[/quote] Here in QLD, it also features the First at Five duo.

That also appeared in The Examiner. Trying to desperately break into Southern Cross territory. That ad most likely just blended in with all the election ads to a normal reader…

1 Like

Suppose we will see more changes tommorow

Here’s the Victorian version of the print ad news line-up featuring the Ten Eyewitness/WIN News/The Project teams.

16 Likes

I’m wondering if we will see new WIN News logo and the new background to reflect TEN eyewitness news from tomorrow or soon?

1 Like

Well now that you mention it, someone did tell me all of that information which isn’t public but I didn’t think to post it because nobody asked.

8 Likes

Well now I’m intrigued lol. Care to share with the rest of the class?

3 Likes

Queensland’s versions of the print media promo from Rockhampton’s Morning Bulletin and the Toowoomba Chronicle

10 Likes

It still bugs me how nineish it is

4 Likes

I think they should hit the local angle harder Than just “your local news”

I like the Tasmania tag line: “Tasmania’s news”

bugs, print ads and opening titles should feature city and region names

2 Likes

Interesting to see the print promos from some of the other regions. Thanks @soundsdifferent @CQtvNetwork.

[quote=“Willwalk, post:633, topic:214, full:true”]
I’m wondering if we will see new WIN News logo and the new background to reflect TEN eyewitness news from tomorrow or soon?
[/quote]Hopefully they have been working on it over the weekend and we’ll see more changes implemented to tie-in to the network pres across the board this week.

[quote=“nzwarrior51, post:637, topic:214, full:true”]
It still bugs me how nineish it is[/quote]Do remember it’s WIN after all. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes