WIN News

WIN Tas bulletin bang on with their timing tonight…

The weather guy only got a few seconds in, and then bang, straight into The Project! Too many Coronavirus stories! :rofl:

6 Likes

In the early 2000s, some bulletins were branded “WIN Local News” while other were simply “WIN News”. Anyone know which markets had which brand?

2 Likes

I would actually like to see WIN produce a live punchy 6pm newscast at 6 out of Wollongong with important Covid news from across their markets

Make it live. Snappy. Cross ro local newsrooms. Have a ticket…

3 Likes

Wasn’t Win Local News Tasmania only - because at 6.30 they had a separate bulletin for national and world news? (Like the Prime7 set-up now)

Yes it was only Tasmania where it was fully branded as Win Local News. It’s prior incarnation was known as ‘Six O’Clock’.

Win National News was a short lived namesake at 6:30.

Promo screenshot branded for Cairns:

Reason I asked is because I’m sure some (all?) Victorian bulletins were branded as WIN Local News in the mid-90s.

1 Like

I think WIN in Qld just used that ‘Local News’ logo lock-up in a promo, all the bulletins were only ever ‘WIN News’ on the title cards.

But this clip indicates that WIN Nightly News branding was also used at some point:

3 Likes

That’s from Canberra, I was talking about the Qld bulletins specifically.

3 Likes

Any Rip and Read Bulletins from SA given their Borders are now Shutout to Interstaters?

2 Likes

Promo from bushfire season:

2 Likes

no wonder win is going after the communications minister. they had only local news story in win news western vic

1 Like

ok so win had 2 local stories

2 Likes

and fyi iam tracking how many local stories that win do as atm coz of cov-19 win news is the only local news service for my area

2 Likes

Reports online that Win will shutdown its operations in Canberra shortly.
Is it surprising it has taken so long?

3 Likes

source?

2 Likes

With Nine currently having its local bulletin suspended, that would leave the ABC as having the only local TV news bulletin in Australia’s national capital if the above is true!! :scream:

3 Likes

it wont be long. esp after tonights news . it was manly general information news and just 2 local stories. but the local stories were reported in the local newspaper last week . so they were a little behind the times

2 Likes

well i mean and i know this isnt win news related but 3ba have got rid of there programmer and there local news reader. so if that dosent say something

1 Like

@blackbox what are the chances of win news Victoria going since Canberra is going

1 Like