WIN News

I’m sure the hour long composite bulletin will
Go to just 39 minutes local news at 6, and The high rating Projedt at 630

That leaves ten news at 5 for "national"
News

1 Like

my prediction the first one will be Albury and Shepparton as they have a large overlap, and Shepparton’s service area population is much smaller than Albury’s, a combined bulletin would reach a market the same size as Bendigo or Ballarat. And Shepparton as a separate market was a legacy of when it was awarded a commercial TV station licence in 1959 to commence in 1961. And I think there’s nothing stopping Prime7 Albury from beaming its local news (read in Canberra) into Shepparton.

1 Like

Hopefully WIN is planning for a few things to ensure the success of WIN News at 6 (I’m guessing it goes at 6)

• Work with Ten to provide 30 second windows every 15 minutes in Ten News at 5 for WIN to utilize to play a pre-recorded cross to the local newsreader to preview what is coming up at 6. The Ten anchors would say something like “Now, here’s a look at what is coming up on The Project tonight, for our WIN viewers - here’s a look at what’s ahead on your local WIN News tonight at 6”

• Have significant :10 and :20 promos and new previews in afternoon programming from 3pm onwards pushing to 6

• Have a pop up ticker with local headlines pushing to 6 in afternoon programming

Kevin Perry from Decider TV saying WIN have confirmed the 6pm slot for its local news bulletins

WIN announces new local news time

The WIN News bulletin will shift to the prime-time slot of 6pm from July 1, as part of the television network’s shake-up of programming.

The hour-long Nine News bulletin, which currently airs on WIN’s primary channel at 6pm, will be shafted – replaced by TEN Eyewitness News from 5pm.

WIN’s local news bulletins – aired on regional networks in Victoria, Queensland, southern NSW and the ACT – will follow at 6pm.

In order to air the news in the prime-time slot, Channel Ten game show Family Feud has been relegated to channels Eleven and One but it will air at the same time (6pm).

Popular news and current affairs program The Project will be shown on WIN’s primary channel and retains its current slot (6.30pm-7.30pm).

So as predicted

5pm Ten News
6pm WIN News
6.30 pm The Project

with Family Feud on One and Eleven.

Also

WIN’s All Australian News bulletin – which features highlights from regional news services across the country – will continue to screen on its primary channel.

Same story from Illawarra Mercury WIN announces new local news time

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mock Schedules

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mock Schedules

A reminder that this thread is for discussion on the content and presentation of WIN News. Posts relating to WIN’s scheduling and affiliation changes should be made in the WIN Television topic.

just saw it on win news :slight_smile:

WIN should certainly move it now and delay Nine News to 6:30 - get viewers used to the change now, or they’ll tune in to the Project at 7pm on Friday and switch off.

I wonder what the Tasmanian schedule will be?

1 Like

it would been fine if 9news didnt extend their news to an hour

How would being at 6:30 instead of 7:00 have helped?

3 Likes

Very strange seeing Ten Eyewitness News on WIN tonight during report on WIN News moving to 6pm. Hopefully they come up with a cover-up that is a bit more compatible than the current red-white-blue.

Here is the report

10 Likes

crazy not to shift the news to 6pm from NEXT week, pre-empt Nine News.

3 Likes

“Viewers across regional Australia have welcomed news…”

really, WIN News?

Perhaps stick to being a news service and not an outlet for press releases

2 Likes

Maybe they’re getting messages…

From across Australia.

@TVHead kind of agree

But show what at 630?

Edited down 9 news?

No, air the full Nine News bulletin on 30 minutes delay from 6:30pm - 7:30pm.

Given that WIN News has now confirmed a 6pm start time with TEN affiliation, I agree that they should just start at 6pm now to get people used to it,
There’ll be so many other changes that day to confuse the average viewer, so keeping the local news bulletin at the same time as it was the week before, etc. would be a good thing in my opinion.

1 Like

Agree - I would promote now and start your plan Monday.

1 Like

State of Origin Game 1 was the highest rated telecast for the year any any network. Game 2 will be the same. It’s on Weds June 22nd.

WIN needs to move WIN News to 6pm from Monday June 27th (5 days before the affliliation swap on July 1 and use the massive S.O.O. ratings on June 22 to promote the hell out of the move.

STARTING THIS MONDAY - WIN NEWS MOVES BACK TO IT’S ORIGINAL HOME: 6PM

THE BEST LOCAL NEWS, SPORT AND WEATHER FOR CANBERRA (insert region name and skyline shot) - NOW AN HOUR EARLIER

WITH THE BEST TEAM. THE BEST LOCAL KNOWLEDGE. AND UNPARRALLED COMMITMENT TO LOCAL NEWS FOR OVER TWO DECADES - NO ONE KNOWS CANBERRA LIKE WIN NEWS

MAKE THE SWITCH - TO WIN NEWS CANBERRA AT THE NEW TIME OF 6PM WEEKDAYS.

STARTING THIS MONDAY, RIGHT HERE ON WIN

Run those promos like crazy in the S.O.O. game, then all week up to the 27th.

Monday 27th - Thursday 30th sees this lineup

5.30pm Hot Seat
6pm WIN News
6.30pm 9 News

Friday July 1 sees it switch to Ten

It will be a massive waste if Win don’t use the SOO game to promote its news moving to 6