Wednesday 26 April 2023

That was 10 News Brisbane’s second highest rating this year.

Re prime time news at 9pm etc - news tends to be a poor demo performer and as has been mentioned does not pick up any extra numbers in catch-up viewing as opposed to especially drama.

If you look at the Nine Afternoon News that made the top 20 yesterday, in 25-54 it was only 28th with the same rating in that demo as Two and A Half Men on 10 Peach.

2 Likes

1% did way better than I thought, even key demos and in-turn all the shares, ep 2 will be interesring to see, meanwhile surprised to see Accused didn’t decline, somewhat promising, as we await total tv data, another strong lead-in helping. With Friday and Saturday AFL to come (presuming Nine win tonight with NRL and no AFL but save for Seven News + H&A + Front Bar) Seven are looking very healthy for this week.

The 1% Club rated better than i thought. Probably will drop as the weeks go on.

Good to see Alone Australia crack the top 20 for SBS.

Wrong.

The afternoon news in Adelaide and Perth on Nine are shown at 5pm, directly against Ten News.

The Eastern States have a 4pm news service with Hot Seat still shown at 5pm.

1 Like

That’s a good result with the program airing at the earlier time of 8.30pm in select states. Hopefully can be left in this earlier timeslot.

1 Like

I don’t watch the sport segment, but we don’t get that many local news stories either. Seven in the hour on a good day. It certainly does not feel Brisbane-centric by any measure from our end.

Yes, we will close this discussion now with the knowledge that many “experts” in here believe a 9pm news would get less viewers than at 4.30pm or at 10.30pm

No, you are wrong.

Both the 4.30pm news on 9 and the 5pm news on 10 had more viewers than Accused, which people said yesterday was a very strong rater

Check your facts

22 Seven ACCUSED

Wrong. There is no 4.30pm News on Nine. There’s a 4pm News in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, while there’s a 5pm News in Perth and Adelaide.

This is your post, at no stage did you mention Accused.

We all know your gripe with Ten, so looking at what you posted and said, one can assume that’s where you were going.

Again, nines afternoon news figures aren’t constant across the network as two out of the three stations start their afternoon news at 5pm and not 4pm.

And “check your facts” lol. You can’t even get the afternoon Nine News times correct!!

Apologies. I said 4.30pm instead of 4pm. That makes such a difference, doesnt it?

The fact is both the earlier News bulletins on 9 and 10 beat Accused, which people were saying yesterday was a strong rater.

I have no beef with Ten. I will call out bad performance from any network.

You need to go and re read my posts to educate yourself because you are totally wrong on this one.

Once again, you need to be reminded that you cannot compare programs in two different time periods.

1 Like

The whole of the Top 20 is ranked with programs across different time periods.

ChewyApple, you cant deny that you said yesterday that Accused was a top performer.

Now it is being beaten by the 4pm news.

And according to your logic, you say the 9pm news would rate lower than news at 4pm.

Lets leave it there because you guys know I am right.

I mentioned Accused as a show which was rating well in the 9pm timeslot when you asked what Seven could air there.

No, my logic is that a 9pm news bulletin would likely rate no better than entertainment in the same timeslot, and would be far worse on catch-up.

2 Likes

Beaten by the 4pm News, which is aired at 5pm in 2 cities. You are not right.

2 Likes

It doesnt matter mate.

We are talking about programs outside of prime time beating programs in prime time

The guys at the 6.30 Project should be utterly embarrassed that they often get beaten by breakfast teleivision.

Whereas the News will always rate well, whatever time it is on

Lol. The first post you posted in today ratings was the one I took a photo of. In which it doesn’t mention any other shows, on any other network.

Seriously, I provided you with your own post! You are a laugh a minute pal!

And I’ll supply it to you once again,

Man, we are going around in circles here.

Are you actually aware of what time Accused when to air last night?

Lets finish it now and agree to disagree on this one.

And thanks to the actions of the few, the many suffer

Thread locked

4 Likes