Wednesday 26 April 2023

Yes, I was thinking the same. its usually does better than that.

They really need a bigger promotional push… book some local radio spots. But having the main presenter based in Sydney wont help.

3 Likes

Wow, afternoon news shows beating programs in prime time.

Who would have thought that so many people would like watching news on TV when they all have a phone?

Surely some justification for investing some more into the Qld bulletin, no? Either that or they see it as a win achieving those sort of figures and results for relatively low outlay and effort.

2 Likes

Amazing how numbers have dropped over the years… seems to be going down year on year.

Yes. I wonder if a news bulletin at 9pm would have rated higher than these 2 earlier bulletins and made its way into the Top 20 last night?

Who know? It is virtually a brisbane bulletin as it is. It actually does not service Sydney veiwers who are lucky to get 3-4 local stories per night. They have so many Bronocs and Lions stories as well as the Brisbane weather at the end. It is diabolical for Sydney viewers.

1 Like

No Scott, It wouldn’t. I think its clear that you need to move on from that discussion.

7 Likes

From Nine:

• Travel Guides was Australia’s No. 1 Entertainment program with GS+Child
  • Travel Guides wins timeslot with Total People across the 5 City, East Coast and in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide
  • Travel Guides recorded a Live + VOD BVOD Audience of 60,000 (+32% YoY)
  • Nine takes out the top 3 programs live streamed yesterday against all broadcasters: Nine News 6:30, Nine News and ACA.
  • 9News was the No,1 program in Sydney with Total People
  • 9News wins timeslot with all key demos across the 5 City, East Coast and in Sydney and Adelaide
  • 9News recorded an average Live BVOD Audience of 48,000
  • A Current Affair wins 7pm timeslot across the 5 City, East Coast and in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane with Total People
  • A Current Affair recorded a Live BVOD Audience of 42,000 (+32% YoY)
  • Today wins breakfast slot across the East Coast and in Melbourne and Brisbane with Total People
  • Today Extra wins morning slot across the 5 City, East Coast and in Sydney and Melbourne with all key demos
  • 9Network wins Wednesday with all key demos
  • Channel 9 is the No.1 primary channel on Wednesday with all key demographics and Total People

From 10:

Network 10 (10 + 10 Bold + 10 Peach + 10 Shake):

• Up 10% week-on-week in under 50s, 19% in 16 to 39s and 5% in 25 to 54s.
  • 10 Peach: #1 multi-channel in 16 to 39s.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Wednesday:

• Up 12% in under 50s, 7% in 16 to 39s and 2% in 25 to 54s week-on-week.
  • #1 entertainment show in under 50s.
  • #2 entertainment show in 25 to 54s.
  • #1 in its timeslot in under 50s.
  • #2 in its timeslot in 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.
  • Live stream viewers up 56% on the same episode in 2022.
  • Series: Achieving its biggest BVOD audiences ever, up 46% on 2022.

Seven won Melbourne and Adelaide by 2 and Perth by 12. Nine won Sydney by 3 and Brisbane by 6. It was close between the three commercials in the key demos with Nine winning all three.

Outside the top 20 included:

22 Seven ACCUSED
23 Seven SUNRISE
25 Nine TODAY
28 Nine FOOTY CLASSIFIED -WED
29 SBS BRIAN COX: HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVE
33 10 LAW & ORDER: SVU
34 ABC QI-LE
35 Nine HITMAN’S WIFE’S BODYGUARD
39 ABC AUNTY DONNA’S COFFEE CAFE-EV
47 SBS ROGUE HEROES
55 Seven WE INTERRUPT THIS BROADCAST
69 Seven THE LATEST: SEVEN NEWS
74 10 FIRE COUNTRY
100 Nine NINE NEWS LATE -WED

Outside the top 5 in 25-54 included

6 Nine A CURRENT AFFAIR
7 10 I’M A CELEBRITY…GET ME OUT OF HERE! WED
8 Seven THE 1% CLUB
9 Seven HOME AND AWAY
10 10 THE PROJECT 7PM
12 ABC HARD QUIZ S8-EV
13 ABC THE WEEKLY WITH CHARLIE PICKERING-EV
15 SBS ALONE AUSTRALIA
20 10 LAW & ORDER: SVU
21 Nine HITMAN’S WIFE’S BODYGUARD
26 Seven ACCUSED
27 Nine FOOTY CLASSIFIED -WED
36 ABC AUNTY DONNA’S COFFEE CAFE-EV
37 ABC QI-LE
44 Seven WE INTERRUPT THIS BROADCAST

Sunrise won at breakfast by 25k while News Breakfast was 50k behind Today.

Syd S > T > N
Mel T > S > N
Bri T > S > N
Ade S > N > T
Per S > N > T

3 Likes

I think the justification would be moreso that Sydney needs its own dedicated bulletin again. Brisbane rated higher than Sydney.

1 Like

That was 10 News Brisbane’s second highest rating this year.

Re prime time news at 9pm etc - news tends to be a poor demo performer and as has been mentioned does not pick up any extra numbers in catch-up viewing as opposed to especially drama.

If you look at the Nine Afternoon News that made the top 20 yesterday, in 25-54 it was only 28th with the same rating in that demo as Two and A Half Men on 10 Peach.

2 Likes

1% did way better than I thought, even key demos and in-turn all the shares, ep 2 will be interesring to see, meanwhile surprised to see Accused didn’t decline, somewhat promising, as we await total tv data, another strong lead-in helping. With Friday and Saturday AFL to come (presuming Nine win tonight with NRL and no AFL but save for Seven News + H&A + Front Bar) Seven are looking very healthy for this week.

The 1% Club rated better than i thought. Probably will drop as the weeks go on.

Good to see Alone Australia crack the top 20 for SBS.

Wrong.

The afternoon news in Adelaide and Perth on Nine are shown at 5pm, directly against Ten News.

The Eastern States have a 4pm news service with Hot Seat still shown at 5pm.

1 Like

That’s a good result with the program airing at the earlier time of 8.30pm in select states. Hopefully can be left in this earlier timeslot.

1 Like

I don’t watch the sport segment, but we don’t get that many local news stories either. Seven in the hour on a good day. It certainly does not feel Brisbane-centric by any measure from our end.

Yes, we will close this discussion now with the knowledge that many “experts” in here believe a 9pm news would get less viewers than at 4.30pm or at 10.30pm

No, you are wrong.

Both the 4.30pm news on 9 and the 5pm news on 10 had more viewers than Accused, which people said yesterday was a very strong rater

Check your facts

22 Seven ACCUSED

Wrong. There is no 4.30pm News on Nine. There’s a 4pm News in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, while there’s a 5pm News in Perth and Adelaide.

This is your post, at no stage did you mention Accused.

We all know your gripe with Ten, so looking at what you posted and said, one can assume that’s where you were going.

Again, nines afternoon news figures aren’t constant across the network as two out of the three stations start their afternoon news at 5pm and not 4pm.

And “check your facts” lol. You can’t even get the afternoon Nine News times correct!!