We Interrupt This Broadcast

Oooo this interests me.

4 Likes

So like The Cheap Seats…? Or GoggleBox mixed with HYBPA??

2 Likes

Smells like a Cheap Seats rip off. These formats never seem to work on Seven or they give up on them too easily.

3 Likes

I read an article recently that said 7 is returning to the sketch comedy area. I suspect this is more likely to be like ‘Comedy Inc.’

3 Likes

Thing is though their description is

not “original sketch comedy”.

Get ready, Australia. We Interrupt This Broadcast is a long-overdue comedy series that makes fun of Australia’s favourite (and least favourite) shows. As the world grows ever more self-serious, We Interrupt This Broadcast promises to reboot and revitalise a long-standing and near forgotten Australian tradition: taking the piss out of everything, including ourselves! With our televisions, computers and phones creating the white noise we now call content, there’s no shortage of stuff for this irreverent, accessible and occasionally absurd series to lampoon.

Showcasing some of Australia’s most versatile comedy talents, including Christie Whelan Browne, Bridie Connell, Michelle Brasier, Adele Vuko, Duncan Fellows, Greg Larsen, Ben Russell and Bjorn Stewart, We Interrupt This Broadcast is produced by HELIUM for the Seven Network.

1 Like

Yes but ‘Comedy Inc.’ took the piss out of many shows (Sunrise, Millionaire etc.) but it’s more likely a clip show.

2 Likes

(on Seven at least)

It feels like a mix of cheap seats & gogglebox? Would be interesting to see it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s going to be like Mad As Hell with more sketches.

1 Like

Not much on FTA interests me but I’d be willing to give this a go. Would be interesting to find out more about it (which I’m sure will come later).

3 Likes

I’m hoping it’s a sketch comedy in the vein of Full Frontal or Comedy Inc

But the description makes me worry that we’ll get a cross between The Cheap Seats and 20 to 01 - a funny clip followed by reactions from comedians.

2 Likes

I’m getting flashbacks to TV Burp- mocking shows that aired in the past week with sketches and observational voice overs. TV Burp never did get a second season. Perhaps they’ve reworked the old format and brought it back under a new name.

2 Likes

I’m thinking Full Frontal or Fast Forward… I’m assuming it’s a sketch show.

3 Likes

Angus Ross confirmed on TV Blackbox podcast that it’s a sketch show

That’s the first thing that came to mind when I saw the synopsis. I actually didn’t mind the Aussie version with Ed Kavalee.

I heard Angus say it on a different podcast today.

Audience tickets for the four recording sessions (December 20, January 18, February 10 and March 2) at Trackdown Studios in Sydney are now available at That’s the Ticket website.

1 Like

Hope this does okay. We need some new Australian shows.

6 Likes