Watermarks

Blank regional TV watermarks:

5 Likes

New blank ABC Family and ABC Entertains watermarks:

6 Likes

Are they seriously aligned differently?

5 Likes

Comparing the caps a few posts above, ABC Family is slightly higher and ABC Entertains is slightly lower. Before that I think the ABC TV Plus watermark was lower and the ABC ME one was higher.

5 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Not sure how a 10 Gecko Home Shopping programme ended up on 10 Bold Drama… :smirk:

9 Likes

So Ch 9 created a montage of Dusty moments to celebrate his 300th on Saturday, and they either can’t or won’t use clean footage from the AFL, so it’s watermarks galore constantly changing behind the their mark.
https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1800831719349870998

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sweet Week Spectacular Sunday watermark on 10

2 Likes

Hard to see but an early Ten (Captial) watermark

2 Likes

All from Fox Sports in 1997.
Watermark on the left and right side in the same recording.
The white border on the top and left is strange.

Basketball feed from USA was cut.

2 Likes

My Girl?

1 Like

Yes. On Ten Capital, the tape had the end of a WIN recording of My Girl as well from 1994…

3 Likes

Stumbling across “Dogs 4 Life” daytime program with David Campbell and Belinda Russell (at her house?) on main channel in Melbourne just before, I got a better idea of Nine’s PRG/watermark presentation playout with Olympics currently.

The older 3D watermark is used when there’s a classification warning box (with the twirling animation of the “9” logo and dots), PRG super or promo add-on. As seen with “Speechless - Next” and “Hong Kong - Travel Guides - Tonight 7.00”.

But when those don’t occur, the Olympics watermark (which is obviously a completely different set-up) is used. And only the tiny classification bug appears standalone, before the Olympics animation, then that fades to opaque.

Must’ve been too difficult for Nine to engineer the other pres elements aforementioned into the Olympics one, especially with the supporting graphic ‘boxes’ for text design (dating back to 2015 IIRC). @TV.Cynic

1 Like

2 Likes