Watermarks

Really? Thats pretty cool i must say, also if you want theres a topic on old DTV Channel Names, feel free to show us your channel list.

Isn’t this the 2010 State Of Origin trial judging by the image?

1 Like

The trial that ran prior to the games starting included some sporting events plus promos

11 Likes

Ten Late News 2012. They opted for a permanent non-transparent “bug”.

12 Likes

Bug? Did you mean: Sticker?

Do you have anything to contribute other than offering pointless alternative terms for watermarks/bugs/shitstains?

6 Likes

Official terminology:

Watermark - a transparent mark of the channel logo, can have slight colour (like 9Life) but has to be see through
Blockmark - a solid mark to cover up a different watermark, the WIN Sport examples above
Bug - an inoffensively sized but solid full colour logo. Fox Sports’ various marks, 7 sport’s new one, etc.
Shitstain - an offensively sized blockmark/bug, see 9HD above, WIN’s previous larger sized map.

14 Likes

Coverup, cover-up or cover up should also rate a mention as an unofficial MS term for a blockmark.

If ‘sticker’ is to be used, it would only really apply to a blockmark that never goes away, like the PG logo on SBN for example.

3 Likes

HD watermark during AFL on 7mate HD Sydney also looking rather squashed.
Like 7mate is very heavy and has been sitting on it too long.
Or is it too wide?

4 Likes

That’s part of the new presentation.

1 Like

7Two bugs:

9 Likes

A scrolling news watermark Seven used briefly in 2012.

10 Likes

New time for Celebrity Gogglebox USA (so sad).

9 Likes

I thought that was her reaction after she watched it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Richmond scored and it was back to this after the ad break:

7 Likes

SBS One and SBS2 watermarks from October 2014.

3 Likes

I could never figure out that SBS2 logo… the “2” was so random.

2 Likes

I hope watermarks for the show that is actually on don’t become a “thing”.

Fine for daytime shows like breakfast TV, or the evening news, but not for prime time entertainment, no thank you.

6 Likes

Show needs to be renamed 200% Footy. Logo OVERKILL.

12 Likes