Watermarks

Bad cap, if you look closely it’s the ABC HD watermark.

2 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

the logo seems to keep getting worse :joy:

5 Likes

A rare glimpse of the Sky Racing 1 HD watermark:

And Sky Racing 2 HD:

9 Likes

That new Lifestyle watermark makes no on screen impact. The lettering is barely discernible.

Currently watching Gogglebox and it isn’t going to air at all because of the clash with the watermarks in the shows being reviewed.

EDIT: Twenty minutes in and they decide to place the watermark in the top left.

4 Likes

Is that a real thing? do they actually have these to channels in HD but in SD on Foxtel? or is this just a mock?

Also did anyone else see the new Main Even water mark?

1 Like

This one?
50%20PM

1 Like

Presumably, the feeds of Sky Racing 1 & 2 used by pubs, clubs and TABs are in HD on satellite?

No idea why those two channels aren’t available like in HD via Foxtel though, because Thoroughbred Central is IIRC.

1 Like

Correct. Sky Racing 1 HD is only available at venues and Sky Racing 2 HD has just sprung up in the last couple of days via TAB Touch app. From what I can see after doing a satellite rescan, venues don’t even have it yet.

2 Likes

This Lifestyle watermark was used during most of Gogglebox.

6 Likes

But the old Lifestyle logo wasn’t that old…

3 Likes

Although the wording was starting to date, I personally think the pre-2016 “six box” Lifestyle logo should’ve been updated rather than completely replaced.

Wasn’t that impressed with the 2016-19 logo(s) and as for the new design, surely it’s not that innovative for the logo to be a box with the words “Life” and “Style” written in Avenir (or a similar typeface)? :confused:

5 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen sky one or 2 in HD in a TAB venue however i am in backwards Queensland. Anyone know how long they have technically been in HD? Wonder how long before they go HD on Foxtel SAT?

I’d say for over a year. Have a close look at the watermark next time you’re in a TAB.

gamble responsibly…

4 Likes

7 Likes

Seven’s watermark promotional add-ons have become intolerable since the NPC switch, automated after every single ad break and for a lengthy time, the same one too and on every channel.

6 Likes