Watermarks

I think it’s WIN that uses that.

3 Likes

Definitely has been used by 7QLD regional for AFL coverage

2016:

Though inconsistently

We have also had this

10 Likes

Yep, knew someone used it, that was it. Cheers Cynic.

I think 7mate (which is the HD signal in certain markets) never had an “HD” add-on, which was used for the main channel which is HD in metro markets.

But recently, Seven have added it? Which is better, more nationally uniform IMO.

Btw that last cap, looks so different but good.

Can’t remember what Seven did in 2016 for Rio Olympics, but wasn’t the ‘rings’ mainly during sport watermarks only?

I cant remember the normal watermarks having the ‘rings’ much (contrary to Nine, who did it extensively for years prior to London 2012), let alone multi-channels!

2 Likes

Yes they did

6 Likes

Seven’s Horse Racing watermarks SCA vs Prime

10 Likes

Prime using a 7HD watermark currently:

Seven:

GWN7 (SD):

SCA:

7 Likes

9 Likes

Bottomline is back on ESPN. No longer using the transparent watermarks.

1 Like

10 Likes

Seems redundant to have both sport and tennis.

5 Likes

It does. Either keep LIVE & FREE |
or just run it on its own with/without the HD watermark.

I think it’s because the “Live & Free” / “Sport” is seperate to the app’s “7Tennis”.

The former part of the production, so perhaps they can’t remove it for the app?

Does look very odd.

2 Likes

SBS Viceland watermark as seen during the extended edition of The Ghan. Note there’s no “HD” add-on on its HD channel, where this is captured from.

8 Likes

The FOX8 watermark has reduced in size.

2 Likes

It’s because it’s done by Seven’s playout as though it’s a channel as opposed to just a Tennis Australia feed having a 7Tennis watermark slapped on it.

The 7TennisHD stream follows what Seven shows just with ads substituted with promos.

2 Likes

Interesting, I guess easier / more streamlined for Seven’s broadcast department.

Aus Open and Comm Games in particular are such gigantic productions!

Prime:

SCA:

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you receive VAST? Is that how you’re accessing SCTV?

Only difference when you squint, is the margins are different and the “Live” looks a tad different?

Are both MediaHub and SCA Canberra inserting them? Or is one or both just taking dirty from 7mate metro I wonder?

Normal 7mate watermark in top-right for NBC Today - Extra:

2 Likes