Watermarks

But since when has that ever been otherwise for commercial TV really? :man_shrugging: (Besides the very first days of pay TV of course, I guess.)

The virtual logos vs. being painted on, being so the away broadcaster can substitute their own… given what some of the other nations get away with now - the commentary in Hindi of Australian home games vs India, using their broadcaster’s coverage (which is usually put on Kayo as a separate feed) is a real eye-opener. Between over-the-bowler’s-arm view and the side-on, they had about 9 or 10 sponsors, but that’s probably not far from typical over there.

Can’t maximise the rights when the away broadcasters can’t sell their own space on the field, apparently. :roll_eyes: Can’t say I like that as a reason, but I’m also far from surprised when so much money to Cricket Australia comes from global rights now (to the subcontinent particularly, of course) vs. local ones.

Agree Fox could do their own better, but I think that’s not your complaint.

A rare watermark seen on ITV Studios screener.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Dotless WWOS cover-up used on NWS and STW when WIN O&O’ed them

3 Likes

Great to see these channels in Full HD for the first time

5 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: 9Now

3 Likes

3 Likes

Why?

Why does a kids channel needs a solid logo with the channel’s full name?

Cartoon Network keeps the watermark on during ads:

And shows a countdown timer:

Both CN and Boomerang show the program title throughout (not sure why is this necessary?):

3 Likes

When did that change? Last time I saw it was a transparent “nick” with nick.com.au underneath.

I believe these are been played out from Singapore hence the change to presentation.

Where are these been shown in full 1080p?

Edit: just saw this on the NINE Now app, they must be the first FTA channel group to go full HD.

3 Likes

Changes happened during near end of April 2022. Basically, most of Nickelodeon’s playout are now coming from the Dutch team in Germany.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Watermarks of the World Cup

3 Likes

Watermarking a show with its name was a big trend on English-language South East Asian satellite channels in the late 2000s. I always appreciated that the Aussie pay TV networks were a bit more restrained, generally avoiding solid mudmarks and on-screen clutter.

Seems that’s slowly eroding away.

1 Like

VH1 Australia watermark from possibly 2008 during Top 6 Countdown: Hard Rock

2 Likes

The out of line Dave watermark must be very triggering . :smile:

4 Likes

Especially for all those daves

WN Olympic watermark from 2012

6 Likes

Is that the Nine one behind it? Yuk.

1 Like