Watermarks

At least WIN are being consistent in making all watermarks solid and coloured ones.

A tiny consolation I know.

4 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

no i dont think they do have different watermarks , i got hd on foxtel and as far i can tell the watermarks just the same as there sd just clearer , and theres definitely no hd next to it

2 Likes

Back home now, and just checked, and none of the ones I checked (Arena, FOX8, Binge, Box Sets, Syfy, Showcase, Universal, 13th Street, BBC First, A&E, Smooth Arts) use a HD watermark.

5 Likes

yes Nine NNSW used the network watermark

5 Likes

Friday late night encore of The Front Bar on 7mate after the movie

5 Likes

This warning was also shown before last night’s broadcast of The Front Bar. I’ve just checked the video on 7plus.

2 Likes

WIN Television watermarks at the Logies (2003, 2004)

5 Likes

The middle screencap is Delta Goodrem when she won the most popular new female talent in 2003 Logies, for her role of Nina Tucker in Neighbours.

:+1:

12 Likes

Horse Racing on 7flix in Sydney:

7 Likes

Why couldn’t this have been on 7mate, a quick look at a Sydney guide suggests it is free of live sport commitments until 4:30pm (when horse racing is scheduled to finish on 7flix)?

As for the other channels, looks like Seven feel the AFL will do strongest, followed by Intrust Shield and then horse racing?

This is the second time live sport airs on 7flix.

3 Likes

A bit of tennis & Commonwealth Games coverage was shown on 7Flix last year, IIRC.

6 Likes

Live sport aired on 7flix at the 2018 Gold Coast Comm Games. I believe both Abesty and I have caps somewhere.

3 Likes

23/5/2015:

4 Likes

Something I’m sure @MGO would appreciate: A bit of widescreen footage (including the Nine WWOS watermark of the time) of the 2001 State of Origin celebrations was shown during a report on Nine News tonight.

Very poor quality for something that’s not even 18 years old though:

9 Likes

Ah wow this is quite interesting. I would say that Nine most likely had the match archived in 4:3 anamorphic mode and stretched it to 16:9 for viewing.

I would’ve thought that too, but the WWOS watermark being in the 4.3 safe area suggests that it was originally produced (and aired on Digital TV, one suspects) in widescreen.

2 Likes

9 Likes