Watermarks

SCA has updated their sports watermark to the current Seven one today. So that’s both Seven affiliates using the same watermark. It looks like Seven has had words with their affiliates and enforced a standard across the board. Note that 7 Qld also went back to adding HD to the Live & Free bit a couple of days ago as well.

Today:

Saturday:

7 Likes

Yeah, seems like Seven want to enforce a ‘Seven Olympics’ ID thing across the country to me?

It might be IOC rules from what I can recall.

2 Likes

Correct, all logos and watermarks with Olympic rings attached go through a STRICT approval process with the IOC before they can be used.
It looks as though the gradient and slight colour difference on SCA’s version wasn’t part of the IOC agreement.

8 Likes

Southern Cross sometimes have an advert with the Southern Cross star logo and the Olympic Rings and a slogan of “Official Affiliate Broadcaster” or similar. It’s not on too often but is on occasionally after the Seven Olympic ads. Would had to have gained IOC approval too I believe.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Television

Old versus new

10 Likes

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s much more extreme than any of the countdown clocks Seven has had in H&A for like MKR before!! Nine must be getting quite desperate since they know MAFS may flop otherwise…

SBS and NITV are simulcasting programs this morning and both channels have the SBS and NITV watermarks on screen.

2 Likes

SBS ONE

SBS HD

SBS NITV

SBS Melbourne Mux

Multi view

SichboPVR_2018-01-26_11-54-34

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ten HD watermark on Australia Day 2018

7 Likes

I was just about to post that the Australia Day 2018 concert has an odd HD in the corner but it just disappeared.

2 Likes

From memory it was like this last year as well.

Ten Sport watermark?

They do not need to use that.

They need a normal “live” watermark in bottom right, like Nine during Carols and The Voice (and formerly Seven during X Factor and Dancing).

It’s not the Ten Sport one, that has ‘Live & Free’ underneath it. As others have said, the watermark was the same for last years telecast also.

2 Likes

I can see where you get it from as it does look like a Ten Sport watermark. It should be like the normal watermark they have with programming but with the words “LIVE” underneath it

4 Likes

Any watermark that is coloured, in the top-right, I take as a sport watermark.

Besides, sport telecasts are not always “live”.

Even Ten’s old general programming “live” watermark (2000s until 2011) which was in top-right, was not coloured.

1 Like

I see it as more of an event watermark. I find the custom “Live” ones seen during these kinds of events on the bottom right inconsistent across all the networks.

1 Like