Watermarks

I think it’s because the “Live & Free” / “Sport” is seperate to the app’s “7Tennis”.

The former part of the production, so perhaps they can’t remove it for the app?

Does look very odd.

2 Likes

SBS Viceland watermark as seen during the extended edition of The Ghan. Note there’s no “HD” add-on on its HD channel, where this is captured from.

8 Likes

The FOX8 watermark has reduced in size.

2 Likes

It’s because it’s done by Seven’s playout as though it’s a channel as opposed to just a Tennis Australia feed having a 7Tennis watermark slapped on it.

The 7TennisHD stream follows what Seven shows just with ads substituted with promos.

2 Likes

Interesting, I guess easier / more streamlined for Seven’s broadcast department.

Aus Open and Comm Games in particular are such gigantic productions!

Prime:

SCA:

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you receive VAST? Is that how you’re accessing SCTV?

Only difference when you squint, is the margins are different and the “Live” looks a tad different?

Are both MediaHub and SCA Canberra inserting them? Or is one or both just taking dirty from 7mate metro I wonder?

Normal 7mate watermark in top-right for NBC Today - Extra:

2 Likes

Yes. I receive SCA channels through VAST and WA channels through terrestrial.

Seven and Prime’s were identical in this case. But I doubt that was because Prime was using a dirty feed as we worked out yesterday. Last time I checked Prime was inserting their own watermarks during NFL on the left hand side.

2 Likes

No worries.

So is your GWN7 signal poor? Or did you just want VAST for it’s novelty?

I was part of the VAST pre-launch trial so they gave me a subscription. My local reception is fine, but if it wasn’t I’d only be able to access WA channels anyway.

1 Like

Normal “HD” appeared in the bottom-right on 9HD during the ODI cricket.

Corrected now. Not sure why it occasionally does that, mid-program?

4 Likes

5 Likes

New, smaller FOX8 Watermark

10 Likes

Some other Foxtel watermarks…

6 Likes

SCA has updated their sports watermark to the current Seven one today. So that’s both Seven affiliates using the same watermark. It looks like Seven has had words with their affiliates and enforced a standard across the board. Note that 7 Qld also went back to adding HD to the Live & Free bit a couple of days ago as well.

Today:

Saturday:

7 Likes

Yeah, seems like Seven want to enforce a ‘Seven Olympics’ ID thing across the country to me?

It might be IOC rules from what I can recall.

2 Likes

Correct, all logos and watermarks with Olympic rings attached go through a STRICT approval process with the IOC before they can be used.
It looks as though the gradient and slight colour difference on SCA’s version wasn’t part of the IOC agreement.

8 Likes