Wake In Fright

so it looks like part 1 will be given a nice promo run during Bathurst.

Sorry Channel 10, I lasted about 40 minutes. I’m out.

1 Like

I rather enjoyed it.

I love movies in general though :wink: Particularly the ‘thriller’ genre & will always give Aussie productions a go.

I could understand if viewers who had no idea of the premise, got as lost as Sean Keenan did from the get go!

Nothing on the original classic though.

Damn painful having to now wait a week.

Perhaps if they just stuck to making a movie rather than stretch it out over 2 parts. It was just going too slow for me.

2 Likes

That happens a lot these days with these sorts of miniseries.

I think it was a brilliantly shot series but agree it probably could have moved faster.

2 Likes

Well @JohnsonTV it looked like the kangaroo shooting scene wasn’t replace…

I watched the show last night not knowing anything about it & Ive only found out now from this forum that it was a remake of a movie.

I didn’t really like it, It just seemed very slow & weird to me…

1 Like

The scene which has been changed involved kangaroo culling but this was changed to feral pig shooting. There were brief flashbacks to it as John tried to recall what happened when he blacked out. Maybe more to come in the second half.

1 Like

Kangaroo culling & killing, are they the same? sorry I’m not sure.

But I know for sure last night it showed a scene were the Taxi lady shot the Kangaroowhich the main character hit with his car

Yes culling means reducing the popularion of wild animals so that means mass killing.

The killing of the kangaroo at the start was to be humane and put it out ofi ts misery because it had been severely injured after being hit b2h a car.

2 Likes

The plot wasn’t at a fast pace, I’ll say that.

What a twisted story it turned out to be, in the end.

1 Like

I recorded it on DVR

Wake in Fright has been nominated for Best Single Drama or Telemovie in this year’s Asian Television Awards.