Victoria State Election - November 2018

The 2018 Victorian State Election is set to be held on Saturday, 24th November 2018.

In 2014 we saw Peter Mitchell and Jennifer Keyte host Seven’s coverage.

Tony Jones and Alicia Loxley host Nine’s telecast

Ten had updates with David Woiwood and a 10pm bulletin with Candice Waytt

ABC was hosted by Ian Henderson.

Would 2018 be something similar?

3 Likes

I’d guess that Jennifer Keyte would be more likely to present Ten’s coverage for the 2018 Victorian state election.

5 Likes

I expect similar, but instead with Ten having full coverage fronted by Jennifer Keyte.

2 Likes

With no major sport event on that night (during the day Nine will be showing World Cup of Golf from Royal Melbourne while Ten has Supercars from the streets of Newcastle), I think Seven, Nine and Ten will put full resources on election coverage

Would that be 5 min updates throughout the night or are you expecting something more from Ten?

It’d be great to see more extensive coverage, but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Ten just decides to run regular programming with short updates for Melbourne viewers.

3 Likes

what else do you need?

half hourly updates with counts, leader speeches when they happen.

Will Seven again use Daft Punk’s Tron Soundtrack for their opener? Certainly an inspired choice.

ABC Radio Melbourne will have a politician-free voters forum at the Southbank studios on October 10, hosted by Jon Faine and Rafael Epstein.

Neil Mitchell’s verdict on the first week of the Election campaign on Nine News tonight.

2 Likes

ABC Radio Victoria will broadcast a state election drive special from Mid Valley Shopping Centre in Morwell in Latrobe Valley on Thursday, November 8 from 4pm to 6.30pm, co-presented by Rafael Epstein (Melbourne drive host) and Nicole Chvastek (Statewide drive host).

Saturday 24 November

ABC TV Victoria and ABC News Channel

5:30pm ABC News

6:00pm Victoria Votes: Election Night Live
News Breakfast host Michael Rowland and ABC News Victoria presenter Tamara Oudyn are joined by ABC Election Analyst Antony Green and state political reporter Richard Willingham.

8:00pm Victoria Votes: Election Results Live
Fast, accurate and reliable coverage of Victorian election results presented by Michael Rowland and Tamara Oudyn. With Antony Green, Richard Willingham plus Jill Hennessy, John Brumby, John Pesutto and Jane Hume.

10:00pm Victoria Votes: Call Of The Board
ABC Election Analyst Antony Green takes a seat-by-seat look at the state of play with the Call of the Board after Victoria Votes. Presented by Michael Rowland and Tamara Oudyn.

Saturday 24 November

Nine:

Melbourne
05:00 pm Election 2018 - Victoria Decides
06:00 pm Nine News
06:30 pm - 10:30 pm Election 2018 - Victoria Decides

Seven:

Melbourne
05:00 pm Seven News Special: Victorian Election 2018
06:00 pm Seven News
06:30 pm - 10:30 pm Seven News Special: Victorian Election 2018

Join Peter Mitchell and political editor Mark Riley for the most up-to-date and in-depth political coverage as the election result unfolds. Commentary from Jeff Kennett, Steve Bracks and Jane Garrett.

1 Like

agreed, ABC News does a great job, 10 is best to just air whatever they usually do on a Saturday and save the cash

Daniel Andrews and Matthew Guy will hold a “people’s forum” in Melbourne next Wednesday (November 21) which will be shown live on Sky News. It will be the only televised debate before the election.

1 Like

Will be tuning into experts at ABC

1 Like

Leaders’ debate Thursday 22/11 8:30am with Jon Faine on the wireless.

I don’t own one. Can it be listened to online or a phone?

If you call the talkback line and ask to be put on-hold you will be able to hear it on your telephone.

1 Like

John might not let me on if I support the Coalition.

2 Likes