VIC Television: T Boy's Mock TV Network

VIC Television: T Boy’s Mock TV Network

VIC Television is an Australian television station broadcasting in regional Victoria in Australia. The network was previously owned by ENT Ltd., before being purchased by Dunes Productions, Inc. (previously known as Poison Productions)

VICTV Television Victoria began as a network of several stations serving northern and western Victoria:

• GMV-6 Shepparton (launched on 23 December 1961)
  • BTV-6 Ballarat (launched on 27 April 1962)
  • STV-8 Mildura (launched on 27 November 1965).

VIC Television currently holds a five-year affiliation agreement with metropolitan broadcaster Network 10. They will be returning to the Nine Network from 1 July 2021.

VIC Television’s news service, called VIC News, broadcasts three bulletins for Western Victoria, Eastern Victoria, and Central Victoria.

You can request some mocks that I should make here with VIC Television.

4 Likes

Could you make it straight? Or even?

Nice idea btw.

Very nice.

Sure!

Who will anchor the bulletins?

@PaddyTePou, unless @TBoy has talked to you, can you let them run their station, not turn this into another one of yours?

(If you guys have talked, then by all means go ahead).

1 Like

Watermark mock:

3 Likes

What’s the thought process behind the fragmented “I” in the logo?

1 Like

I don’t know. I just thought it would look good.

Your logo as a whole looks good, but the “I” gets a bit lost. I wasn’t quite sure what it was meant to be, it almost looks like you’re separating the V and C with a vertical bar (“V | C” instead of “VIC”).

One suggestion, fill in the “I” but make it lowercase as a callback to the original VIC TV logo!

3 Likes

Channel listings:

8 - VIC (Location)
80 - VIC HD (Location)
81 - VIC BOLD
82 - VIC PEACH
84 - TVSN

2 Likes

VIC Television Weather Warning (aired 9/6/2021, SD sorry)

Thoughts?

1 Like

Way too long and way too fast.
It was hard to keep up with that speed. It should be about half that.

There’s also far too much content - over two minutes worth, and being in a ticker there’s no coming back if you lose your place or tune in after it’s begun. A ticker is better suited to a short sharp update. If something of that length in required then it really should interrupt programming and be voiced as well.

2 Likes

VIC Television new TV shows:

VIC Late News
A late, state-wide version of VIC News, with exclusive out-puts.

It is aired on Monday-Thursdays when Nine News Late is on.

What Happened?

This show will focus on the events of serious experiences that happened like the 911 attacks, Cyclone Tracy, 2020, and more. It would be placed in a timeslot of 7 pm.

Segment 1: What happened?

Segment 2: The Aftermath

Segment 3: What is happening now?

It is aired on Sunday nights when Nine News Late is on from the 19th of September.

Rossco the Panther
A childrens show about a panther escaping from his habitat due to his family being turned into jackets, he finds a family of 4 and they take him home to there house, in which he falls on a rock and can suddenly walk and talk like a human.

The show is aired on VIC 9Go! at 9:30am Saturdays from the 16th of October.

VIC Television has confirmed that local branding will continue, with Local News, on-air presentation, promos and idents in response to WIN.

New channel lineup from July 1:
8: VIC SD
80: VIC HD
81: VIC SD
82: 9Gem
83: 9Go!
84: 9Life
88: 9Go!

Weeknight lineup:
5:30pm: VIC News
6:00pm: Nine News
7:00pm: A Current Affair

It is reported that Taj Asbury, the owner of the network, is trying to find a spot for his old TV show, Mountown, on the main channel.

1 Like

bit dark for a kids show

3 Likes

AFFILIATION AGREEMENT SIGNED BETWEEN NINE AND VIC

4 June 2021: Nine Entertainment Co. and VIC Television have today announced the signing of a new regional television affiliation agreement.

The minimum 7-year agreement will result in VIC broadcasting Nine’s metropolitan free-to-air television content from channels 9, 9Go, 9Gem and 9Life into Regional Victorian markets , providing seamless access to Nine’s television content across all of metropolitan and regional Australia.

Under this new agreement, which will commence on 1 July 2021, VIC will pay an affiliation fee of around 40% of its regional advertising revenue to Nine and provide airtime to Nine to allow promotion of Nine’s assets across VIC’s television stations.

The affiliation agreement has not been shared until the 25th of June, 2021.

In 2014, VIC Television announced that they would refuse to air the children’s series Dora The Explorer. In replacement of it, alternative programing was placed in the timeslot. This happened until 2016 when VIC switched affiliation to 10.

But unfortunately in 2020, 10 gained rights to Dora The Explorer. VIC Television refused to air it again, and replaced it this time with the classic TV show “Round the Twist.”

This is an example of alternative programming on 10 Peach via VIC Television.

Note: The little VIC on top of the watermark is there in every show, not just breakaway.

What?

2 Likes

Surely you would just WIN the 10 logo, rather than a wonky sticker.

1 Like

Why the stubborn declining of Dora The Explorer?

5 Likes