Vault Feedback and Updates

http://pandora.nla.gov.au/tep/100803

Ryan, Pandora hasn’t archived the majority of the media vault pages.

So is anything actually going on behind the scenes to get the vault working again? Has the issue been identified at all?

I know everyone is busy with other things but some kind of timeframe for sorting it out would be nice…

3 Likes

I too would like to know if we can have so e information on fixing the vault as well please.

Thank you

5 Likes

If it helps, I have tonnes of saved images (from the original vault), images that I have screen shot myself and images that I have accumulated over the years that I can put forward to a new version if need be.

3 Likes

[quote=“Wade, post:22, topic:468, full:true”]
If it helps, I have tonnes of saved images (from the original vault), images that I have screen shot myself and images that I have accumulated over the years that I can put forward to a new version if need be.
[/quote] I have a quite a few too. Like I told @Abesty, what I think needs to happen is put the old vault back one last time, we can save the images, and then create a new one. The old one seems faulty.

1 Like

I have some saved stuff too.

1 Like

How is the progress on the Vault going? Are you guys even trying? I think we need to do something rather soon. I have noticed that on Google images, originally the place I found you guys, that pictures from Media Spy from the Vault has significantly lessen, and in my opinion that is a missed opportunity.

2 Likes

^

@Ryan with the thread being reopened, does that mean there is an update?

2 Likes

You’ve got a sharp eye, Travis…

Currently working with Brad and Abesty to get the foundations in place, but yes, we will have some news for you all shortly.

5 Likes

lol, it popped up on the latest page and i saw it and thought it wouldnt be reopened without a reason!

We’re now inviting content submissions:

@Ryan In the Vault, will we add Today Extra. I know that it is a morning show and we don’t put them in news and current affairs BUT on 9Now it is classified under the news and current affairs division?

Have just been looking through the vault, and it’s currently looking really neglected. This is kinda disappointing considering the vast amount the old site used to contain.

@Ryan While we’re hoping to restore previous content, if that isn’t possible, we will be starting fresh.

Thought I’d just highlight this part of a response you made to another member 5 or so months ago Ryan, regarding possibly restoring the previous vault content.

So just wondering, is this still actually possible? Does anyone actually have a complete backup of all of the old caps from the old site vault pages? Despite some members going ahead and re-contributing to the new vault, IMO it’d be great that most (if not all) of the old content could be restored.

After all, it would be a real shame to lose all of the contributions over the years.

4 Likes

No

Not that I’m aware of

I will be going through my images very soon, and will be uploading some more content that I was able to obtain. Watch this space.

2 Likes

Hey all, just letting you know that I’m no longer able to read none of mediaspy’s entire sites contents. THe way I read is by going to the applicable posts, highlighting the content I wish to read, copy, then paste into my text to speech software, “Please Read 2003”.

As of today, when I select text to copy, it immediately de-highlights, meaning I can’t copy, thus can’t paste into my reading software. Not being able to read the site means I’m unable to interact or engage with everyone on the site in any meaningful manner.