Vale: Yesshop

The message is still being shown via SCA 64 and I presume 55.

I wonder when they take it down and perhaps launched something else (preferably something more entertaining of course - i.e. not another freakin’ home shopping channel).

Just noticed the thread renamed, Vale: Yesshop. :yum:

1 Like

What’s the bet that I’ll probably be able to get a capture of the YesShop Closedown Slide via SCA Nine during my short trip down the NSW South Coast next week? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The current message on 55 in Canberra. Aspire is notably missing.

6 Likes

Well, at least we’ve got a good idea of what channels SCA is currently broadcasting in all it’s markets! :wink: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Messes with me that they can’t get them in an order though. Also interesting they have Go! and Gem rather than 9Go! and 9Gem.

e.g. the first one,
Nine 5, 51
Nine HD 50
Gem 52
Go! 53
9Life 54

3 Likes

Unfortunately the slide doesn’t look any better using a tuner card :slight_smile:

Quite strange that there is no message, just a list of LCNs by region.

2 Likes

As informative as the WIN Network slide!

1 Like

Yes, I’m getting that blue LCN channel listing here on TEN in Northern NSW on LCN 54.

It’s odd, why they are doing an entire SCA TV network LCN listing is a mystery.

It’s not very well laid out either, why not put the Broken Hill/SA ones together for instance?

And the colour scheme could be better - the white on bright blue isn’t the easiest to read on a TV.

Surely it wouldn’t be too hard to do one for each sub market (so for instance, here in Newcastle, it just lists TEN, TEN HD, One and Eleven). It would also give the room to list Aspire, which isn’t mentioned on the blue one (probably due to space issues).

1 Like

Probably because the same programs and commercials appear on both. ??

What I meant was how Nine Broken Hill is near the top left, but Seven Broken Hill is down the bottom right.

1 Like

Because it’s the same playout channel for all of Australia. SCA only had one version of Yesshop (and previously TVSN), so they would need to increase their playout facilities to provide a different version for different markets.

At least the slide is more interesting than the previous content of the channel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:24, topic:658, full:true”]The current message on 55 in Canberra. Aspire is notably missing.[/quote]Is Aspire still being broadcast in some regions? Aspire ceased in Tasmania years ago.

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:28, topic:658, full:true”]As informative as the WIN Network slide![/quote]At least WIN’s ch. 83 placeholder has a tune playing to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

To update this thread, the channel listings placeholder has disappeared in the last couple of days and is now blank. I wonder what their plans are for it now…

1 Like

Not that I ever watched it aside from the occasional flick between stations, but Aspire was still on 56 during my short stay down on the NSW South Coast.

Still on in Canberra.

Oh right. I was under the impression it had ceased completely. I get why it isn’t down here though.