US Television

Apparently it was an entirely new app and platform with subscriptions just transferred over. Wild how they didn’t just update the old app with a reskin, which I’ve read has led to HBO Max buttons on remotes not working at all anymore. What is going on over there???

1 Like

Stars on Mars host William Shatner had revealed the trailer for the reality show (filmed in Coober Pedy), which premieres next Monday in the US.

1 Like
1 Like

Ingo Rademacher — who claimed in a lawsuit that he was fired from the soap in 2021 because he refused to get the COVID-19 vaccine on religious grounds — has been defeated in court.

2 Likes

Credits to Stars on Mars, filmed in Coober Pedy and featuring Lance Armstrong who one of the other “stars” on hearing he was also in the cast thought he was “a real astronaut” :exploding_head:

1 Like
4 Likes

For fuck sake what does the Australian writers got to do with the strike ?

1 Like

Because many Australian writers are also WGA members, or have had worked in numerous TV and movie productions in America in the past.

9 Likes

:joy: you can tell the story is from South Australia: “L-uh-nce”

1 Like

I noticed that this was shown on The Cheap Seats

2 Likes

There is an element of solidarity, but it may also impact projects that are linked to WGA (there was a suggestion when The Office Australia was announced that unless it’s a shot-for-shot recreation of the US version, any writing for it will be working against the strike because Amazon are linked to the WGA)

2 Likes
1 Like

And Neighbours ?

The lack of coverage locally of any stoppage suggests that there may not be any impact for local content that has linkages with American based streamers (Netflix, Amazon etc)

1 Like

That’s a good at least.

Always Room for NBC to open up a Two Hour Sitcom Block on Tuesdays.

2 Likes

That’s not good though , I hope they can get the pay they deserve , hopefully a resolution can be satisfied soon.

2 Likes