US Television

Is it because America is so conservative? Would a network do this in Australia?

3 Likes

I would say yes and it is owned by Disney after all.

It is bizarre they let it go for a week after TMZ leaked, including the two of them joking about it on air before deciding to pull the plug.

1 Like

Didn’t something similar happen to Stan Grant and Tracy Holmes being removed from the Sydney Olympics coverage?

2 Likes

Good riddance. This Lara Logan moron has been a stain on journalism for years and her mouth is just plain filthy. You know it’s bad when Newsmax of all networks cuts her loose.

How she went from a high profile 60 Minutes reporter to a far right extremist is beyond comprehension.

2 Likes

Yes I remover Stan and Tracey Holmes I was 11 eons ago in 2000

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

Another reboot. The original series was seen on 9Go! heavily censored.

1 Like
1 Like

After 6 years, Ryan Seacrest is leaving Live with Kelly & Ryan. Unlike previous host changes though, they have already announced Ripa’s husband Mark Consuelos will be replacing him.

5 Likes

There’s a little bit going on in American Sports TV land at the moment with the operators of two regional sport networks showing signs of collapse:

(This one might be a sign that Warner Bros Discovery are not interested in playing in this space)

Both groups hold in-market rights for MLB, NBA and NHL teams - all three sports have indicated they’ll switch to in-market streaming if either goes under (using their out-market products)

The collapse of both could see a bit of a shift how sports rights work in the US.

1 Like

How/who would produce the coverage if they went under? The league streamers can carry it but who would make what they broadcast?

No real indication yet

1 Like

And WBD may be leaving the space:

Meanwhile, the newly-formed Scripps Sports may be benefiting from this exodus:

Maybe we can see Ion TV being a more worthy player with sports?

1 Like
2 Likes