US Television

That is something NBC will definitely need to look at if they are seriously considering that idea.

1 Like

Feels like an admission of sorts that its becoming harder to fill the schedule with content

2 Likes

Shades of The Jay Leno Show from 2009 there.

Presumedly those with local news who are third or fourth in their market at night will have a crack at 10pm news up against many Fox affiliates.

Opening for syndicated content at 10pm or 10.30pm unless the talk shows are shifted.

1 Like

I doubt NBC would give up 10pm without moving the talk shows forward.

I think the general sense is that the affiliates wouldn’t like that, because it would stop them from running 11pm news, which as you know is big business Stateside.

Could they not just move two of them to Peacock, in that case? Or have the shows rotate across the season?

The consolidation being 10pm with a bigger audience for local news… plus if you moved the talk shows forward by an hour you could program local/syndicated content at 12.30am.

1 Like
2 Likes

Mel B and Jamie Lynn Spears are among celebrities taking part in Special Forces: Who Dares Wins, the US version of SAS: Who Dares Wins.

1 Like

"What’s the best show in the history of television? We polled people who make them — actors, producers, writers, showrunners — and people who watch them to find out. "

95% are US shows - obviously haven’t seen Yasmin’s Getting Married :wink:

Amazon owned premium streaming and cable channel Epix will rebrand as MGM+ in January next year. A slate of new scripted originals has been commissioned ahead of the relaunch. Epix titles Godfather of Harlem, Belgravia and Billy the Kid can currently be found in Australia on Stan.

1 Like

I think they should keep the Epix name and MGM should rebrand for the future.

1 Like

UPDATE 13/10

1 Like
1 Like

Wonder if they’ll talk about Lea Michele and the bullying.

Fourth paragraph, c’mon man.

1 Like