US Television

Jimmy Kimmel has been reappointed as the host of the Academy Awards. The 2018 awards will be held on Sunday March 4, and will start 30 minutes early at 8pm US Eastern Time (12pm AEDT on Monday, March 5).

CBS All Access has given a series order to a revival of The Twilight Zone.

HBO has renewed Curb Your Enthusiasm for a tenth season.

ABC (US) has announced the Roseanne revival will premiere on March 27, 2018 and air on Tuesday nights. The first season will have nine episodes. Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Fishman and Sara Gilbert will reprise their roles from the original series. Sarah Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will also appear in another role.

New primetime game show, Game of Games hosted by Ellen DeGeneres for NBC

Does Anybody which Aussie Networs have picked up the Rights to the 20th Century Fox Shows Ten Dropped following their Recievership?

No FTA network has, so far.

Some shows like Modern Family may be appearing on Foxtel for their first run, according to their promos.

In the US at the moment. So many channels airing stuff in wrong aspect ration, and still ads in 4:3. Stretched 4:3 to fit 16:9 and weird letterboxing of 16:9 content for some reason. It makes everything look cheap.

1 Like

For the time being, the only way to catch up on current season of 20th Century Fox shows is to fly with airlines such as Qantas which have early episodes in their inflight entertainment systems.

Oh yeah. That makes so much sense. I better book some international flights so I can watch some television shows. Great advice.

2 Likes

I’ve already booked my flights.

1 Like

CBS have announced their cast for the first version of Celebrity Big Brother, they include:

Shannon Elizabeth, Ross Mathews, Brandi Glanville, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Metta World Peace, Miss Colombia Ardriana Gutierrez, James Maslow, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Mark McGrath, Omarosa Manigualt & Chuck Liddell.

Not many ‘big name’ international celebrities in the mix with Brandi being the only one I knew from seeing some episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey, I feel like I knew more going into the house on the current Celeb UK version.

Video from CBS This Morning interview with Julie Chen here

Omarosa is a hilarious get. Wonder what took CBS so long.

Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox has signed a lucrative five-year deal with the NFL to show Thursday Night Football, replacing NBC and CBS from the 2018-19 seasons. Fox will show 11 Thursday night matches per season, excluding the Thanksgiving night game. Additionally, the NFL Network will exclusively televise seven games next season, with all games produced by Fox Sports.
Fox will pay an average of US$550 million per year through the 2022-23 season. NBC and CBS had previously split a 10-game package for the past two seasons at a cost of around US$450 million each season.

Katherine Heigl (Grey’s Anatomy) will join Suits as a series regular, replacing Meghan Markle. Heigl will play Samantha Wheeler, a talented new partner at the show’s Pearson Specter Litt law firm.

1 Like

Well, that is the end of watching Suits for me then. She has to be one of the worst “popular” actors around.

2 Likes

How many series has she killed by starring in them?
Doubt
State of Affairs

1 Like

Early in her career Heigl was the stand out actor in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, an easy achievement given the star of the movie was Steven Seagal.

1 Like