US Television

Biggest Loser host Bob Harper, 51, unconscious for two days after massive heart attack
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/biggest-loser-host-bob-harper-51-unconscious-for-two-days-after-massive-heart-attack/news-story/0fed2b6e33b771070a121044c770bf36

Who has the rights to the new series based on the movies Taken?

Are they just making every successful action movie into a TV series now? Seems a bit much.

1 Like

Seems like it. Training Day, Taken and now SWAT with Shemar Moore is also coming.

And Lethal Weapon and Rush Hour.

There’s also a Rambo one coming I think, and one based on The Expendables. So not all, just most.

Yeah they are, it was announced a while back it was in production, but I haven’t heard much yet. Cannot wait

Arnold Schwarzenegger has quit as host of Celebrity Apprentice after one season because of US President Donald Trump.

It’s not about the show…because everyone I ran into came up to me and said ‘I love the show… but I turned it off because as soon as I read Trump’s name I’m outta there!’

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand why he was the host in the first place? Is he a successful business person?

Essentially, he’s well known (like Trump), seems successful, is potentially controversial (definitely like Trump) and isn’t too expensive to hire (again, kinda like Trump was).

And he came with the perfect catch phrase.

The CW has renewed Riverdale for a second season. It is available in Australia on Netflix.

4 Likes

Showtime has renewed Billions for a third season, just weeks into season 2. It is available in Australia on Stan.

Entravision who own over 56 television stations, which are mostly Univision and UniMĂĄs affiliates, has announced they expect to collect about US$264 million from the FCC reverse auction of UHF broadcast spectrum. Entravision have stated they are not anticipating any affect on their business when some of their transmitters are shutdown.
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/101994/entravision-rev-up-gets-264m-in-auction

AT&T have rumoured to have spent US$2.4 billion buying spectrum at the auction.

The auction results are expected to be announced in April. Fox was reportedly keen to sell their spectrum, and the anticipated prices on some of the big city channels were around US$1 billion which would be hard to knock back. One outcome is stations sharing the remaining spectrum rather than those that sell going off-air and being only available on cable/satellite, from what I’ve read.

CBS has renewed The Good Fight for a second season. The Good Wife spinoff is yet to find an Australian broadcaster.
FX has renewed Legion also for a second season.

Syfy has renewed 12 Monkeys for a fourth and final season.

NBC has renewed Shades of Blue for a third season.

CBS has renewed 16 shows in one day! Five shows will return for a second season:
Bull
Kevin Can Wait
MacGyver
Man with a Plan
Superior Donuts

Also renewed for new seasons were:
48 Hours
60 Minutes
Blue Bloods
Hawaii Five-0
Life in Pieces
Madam Secretary
Mom
NCIS: Los Angeles
NCIS: New Orleans
Scorpion
Survivor

Has anyone got any information on Superior Donuts? The trailer looks great I’d love to know who’s got it here and potentially how long the wait is for it? Also The Good Place, that looks fantastic!

The Mindy Project has been renewed for a sixth and final season. It is streamed here on Foxtel Play and broadcast on SBS Viceland (season 5 and 6).