US Television

Looks like a CBS produced, so Ten.
As for when, who knows. No such thing as fast tracking sadly.

You have to wonder what goes on at some of the US networks - what were the executives on the day this pitch succeeded ?

NBC has increased the order for the revival of Will & Grace to 12 episodes.

Criminal Minds has been renewed for a 13th season. Season 12 will be shown here on Seven, hopefully after Easter.

Into the Badlands has been renewed for a third season and expanded to 16 episodes. Season 2 starts here on Foxtel’s Showcase channel next Tuesday (May 2) at 9.30pm AEST.

That has been changed to May 9th as Showcase for some reason gave a weeks break to Bates Motel on Easter Tuesday.

Bravo has renewed 17 shows for new seasons:
Odd Mom Out
Top Chef
Million Dollar Listing New York
The Real Housewives of Orange County
Shahs of Sunset,
The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Flipping Out
Don’t Be Tardy
Married to Medicine
Below Deck
Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles
The Real Housewives of Atlanta
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
The Real Housewives of Dallas
Inside the Actor’s Studio
Summer House
Vanderpump Rules

Just reading that list makes me feel dumber.

5 Likes

Ryan Seacrest has been announced as co-host Live with Kelly Ripa.

1 Like
2 Likes

A potential writers’ strike has been averted after a tentative deal was struck between The Writers’ Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. The WGA posted this message on its website:

Dear Colleagues–

Your Negotiating Committee is pleased to report that we have reached a tentative agreement with the AMPTP that we can recommend for ratification.

In it, we made gains in minimums across the board – as well as contribution increases to our Health Plan that should ensure its solvency for years to come. And we further expanded our protections in Options and Exclusivity.

We also made unprecedented gains on the issue of short seasons in television, winning a definition (which has never before existed in our MBA) of 2.4 weeks of work for each episodic fee. Any work beyond that span will now require additional payment for hundreds of writer-producers.

We won a 15% increase in Pay TV residuals, roughly $15 million in increases in High-Budget SVOD residuals, and, for the first time ever, residuals for comedy-variety writers in Pay TV.

And, also for the first time ever, job protection on Parental Leave.

Did we get everything we wanted? No. Everything we deserve? Certainly not. But because we had the near-unanimous backing of you and your fellow writers, we were able to achieve a deal that will net this Guild’s members $130 million more, over the life of the contract, than the pattern we were expected to accept.

That result, and that resolve, is a testament to you, your courage, and your faith in us as your representatives.

We will, of course, provide more details in the next few days. But until then, we just wanted to thank you – and congratulate you. Your voices were indeed heard.

Your 2017 Negotiating Committee

Embarrassingly bad

The product placements for cars are very common on US dramas. I recall them in Fringe.

1 Like

Couldn’t find the Ford clip, but they’re nothing compared to this one by Angie Tribeca.

2 Likes

While we are at it…

2 Likes

Wow. That one is just as bad as mine, except minus the irony.

Were all those Fords in the original Homicide product placement? Most cars in TV shows are provided by a manufacturer??

I remember how in Desperate Housewives, nearly every time a car pulled up out the front of a house, you’d get a Nissan or GM logo shoved in your face. Really obvious yet I didn’t mind it too much.

I reckon subway is one of the worst offenders for product placement on US tv. A quick search also revealed these ‘reality’ shows are also in on the act.

It certainly provides clear evidence of how constructed these shows are, its almost laughable.

1 Like

Weren’t they doing that with Subway in House Rules or The Block one season?

Will & Grace will be back this autumn in the US, according to a tweet by one of the show’s stars Megan Mullally.

2 Likes