US Presidential Election - Election Day 2016

5 Likes

Too many people on the Studio 10 panel. Jessica and Ita don’t need to be there.

The ABC are putting mics on their guests in Washington but not turning them on…

Clinton HQ:

2 Likes

Sky

BBC

Fox

4 Likes

Seven graphic - Florida closing in 10 minutes

But other networks have the 6 million votes counted - what’s going on?

1 Like

They’re providing running tallies even though votes are still open (despite normally not doing so because of Florida in 2000. Go figure)

Possibly the pan handle area was still open but the rest of the state closed?

Seven moved logo to the top

2 Likes

Thus far IMO:

Ch 10 & less so Ch 9’s coverage is ordinary.

Ch 7’s is very good, I like the extended use of NBC’s coverage.

ABC’s is the best.

Still astonishing… Hell of a lot of coverage, for something that has nothing to with Australia & most are at work. Although really it does affect Australia I guess, being the US and all.

Can’t agree with you there. Spent more time watching Studio 10 than Seven, Nine and ABC combined.

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Studio 10 looking good. They do handle Rolling coverage well.

1 Like

Seven seem totally confused about Florida poll times - despite the countdown clock they were broadcasting showing the polls closed, Mike Amor says they pan handle area polls are still open.

MSNBC

1 Like

Seven seem to have missed the fact Florida has 2 timezones.

1 Like

It would seem that Nine has access to ABC’s results feed, they’ve had a constant feed of them on screen throughout. Perks of basing your coverage in New York I guess!

Pleasently surprised by Seven’s coverage, good graphics without being over-intrusive, solid reporting. ABC is also pretty solid, NBC’s Sara James holding up co-anchoring duties very well and is adding some quality insight to things. As always, Sandra Sully is a live news pro on Ten, although there are too many people on the panel.[quote=“mattcappa, post:77, topic:2101, full:true”]
It would seem that Nine has access to ABC’s results feed, they’ve had a constant feed of them on screen throughout. Perks of basing your coverage in New York I guess!

Pleasently surprised by Seven’s coverage, good graphics without being over-intrusive, solid reporting. ABC is also pretty solid, NBC’s Sara James holding up co-anchoring duties very well and is adding some quality insight to things. As always, Sandra Sully is a live news pro on Ten, although there are too many people on the panel too.
[/quote]

Replace this text

6 Likes

A panel of 6 with 2 hosts? I personally think its fine. It is Studio 10, so of course their team is going to be there and they have 3 experts.

1 Like