US Politics

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 8.04.42 am

1 Like

I’ll go you one better…

donaldtrumpinsane

5 Likes

Glad it’s over (in theory). The Biden/Harris ticket never filled me with great optimism and to me it felt like a losing ticket, as I have posted about in this thread before. Glad to be wrong about that as I don’t think they were even the pick of the bunch in a pretty average Dem primary field.
However, if they achieve nothing else in the next four years, they will have at least gotten rid of DJT which is an achievement in itself.

Disagree on this one. Her record as a public prosecutor is patchy at best and filled with contradictions.

3 Likes

Yeah her past records aren’t the best but hopefully she will be a better vice president than Mike Pence.

Am very glad to eat the humble pie when I first assumed that Trump was going to win after the Biden/Harris nomination was announced. A good outcome for America that was long overdue.

Wonder what one particular Trump supporter on this forum feels about the outcome this morning.

As for Trump, he needs to give it up. One big orange sore loser he is.

4 Likes

I know a lot of people think this but it always seemed she had reasons behind those contradictions.

I’m assuming you are referring to her stance on the death penalty.

I’ve always found it worrying that in a country of over 300 million people, they were the best two people?

If their only achievement is dislodging Trump, they’ll be another single termer. Navigating the next few years as we come out of COVID (or will we?) and the related impacts will need strong leadership, significant work will also need to go into righting the ship (so to speak)

One thing that has surprised me during the election is that there wasn’t a greater focus on Harris and Pence, not just as the VP, but as the alternate President if something was to happen to the President - there has to be a greater risk of not seeing out the 4 years that we’ve not seen for many presidents now.

2 Likes

CRUSHING LOSS: ‘Teary-eyed’ Donald Trump pictured after defeat:

1 Like

More the keeping innocent people in prison thing: When Kamala Was a Top Cop - The Atlantic

1 Like

Agreed.
Middle America and those swing states will judge them harshly.

2 Likes

Trump has built himself up as this superhuman individual, but at the end of the day he’s only human.

History will judge him based on the next few hours/weeks.

3 Likes

Yep, and while the ultimate result that the history books will record will be a decent sized Electoral College win to Biden, the reality is that it may not take much to flip a lot of states.

America (since adopting a two-term maximum) have rarely limited a president to a single term at the polls - changing is a big deal and the incoming administration will need to deliver otherwise I fear we may end up with a run of single-termers

1 Like

That really is a shocking record.
I guess one can only hope that some other Democratic presidential contenders try for 2024 and someone better than Harris replaces Biden.

1 Like

Highly unlikely - has a party ever replaced a sitting Pres/VP combination after one term?

1 Like

I don’t know about that, but I think Biden has either directly or indirectly referred to not contesting the next election.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking (if Biden decides not to go for re-election)

It’s been like that for the past two elections - first Trump vs Clinton, now Trump vs Biden. At least next election get someone the lower side of 60!

4 Likes

A Trump tweet for every occasion.

5 Likes

Thanks for that I hadn’t actually read that. It is interesting that the media painted her very differently through the election. I liked what she stood for or said she stood for.

Trump is the first one-term President since the late George H W Bush (1989-1993) but when Biden takes office on 20th January 2021, he will be the oldest president to be elected at the age of 78.

1 Like

Seems like every comment under every article is still very pro-trump. I don’t recall this happening in 2016, everyone on the left disowned Hillary pretty quickly.