US Politics

Who didn’t see this coming…

Donald Trump will not pursue further investigations into Hillary Clinton once he takes office in January.

The President-elect’s former campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, confirmed Tuesday morning that Mr Trump doesn’t intend to investigate Ms Clinton’s private email server or the Clinton Foundation — a significant break from one of his major campaign promises.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/donald-trump-wont-pursue-charges-against-hillary-clinton-report/news-story/a21f207965b49e78a293019888169f65

The two families are actually really good friends, so no surprise that the hatred was just talk and they can now get back to being buddies.

What next? No wall?

2 Likes

Perhaps, just settle for a bulk purchase :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol yeah I read that it wouldn’t all be a wall, some would be fencing. Like yeah okay flip on a few things, but why flip on the biggest draw card you had? Hmmm

Remember, he loves GHINAAAAAAAAAAA and they love him.

1 Like

Of course! He’s already started calling it “a fence”. Soon one of his biggest promises will be completely shelved. Certain people who voted for him based on these will be really angry right about now. :laughing:

1 Like

Will any Australian networks broadcast Trump’s inauguration? Couldn’t remember if they did it any other years?

1 Like

I’m sure they would.

I remember Natalie Barr went over to Washington DC back when Obama was inaugurated.

1 Like

They should given it will be on Saturday morning Australian time.

A photo of Trump splendor amongst Indian poverty.

1 Like

Anyone else going to watch Trump’s inauguration?

No thanks.

5 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Fortunately can’t, clashes with the inauguration of a Namibian warlord.

3 Likes

wait, they’re different people?

2 Likes

Sorry, I’d rather paint a wall and watch it dry to be honest.

3 Likes

I’ll be watching, can’t wait. Obama and him in same car driving to the Innaguration, will be great viewing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Definitely going to watch.

1 Like

I’m just very curious, does anyone on media spy support Trump? I know there isn’t many of us, but I do know a few people who do or they don’t but believe he will do a good job. So I just want to ask in this poll:

• Yes
  • No
  • No, but he’ll do a good job

0 voters

I don’t support him. I don’t think he’s particularly evil or going to bring the downfall of the USA, though.

I don’t doubt that he’s got the best intentions for his country.

I get why people voted for him, but…his behaviour is concerning. The American media are partially to blame. CNN are often just as bad as Fox News, just on the other side of the spectrum. People are clearly tired of political correctness, and those equally concerning Black Lives Matter movements did not help Hillary a single bit.

With regards to political correctness, I believe that intent is far more important than what is actually said. For example, there are arguments raging about what letters should be used in the description of the community of those who don’t sexually identify as straight. For example, if the Prime Minister was speaking at the Sydney Mardi Gras and said “I’m humbled to be part of this celebration revolving around the diverse LGBT community”, I’m certain that people would immediately pipe up and say “I’m offended. You left out Queer and Intersex people…”, even though it’s clear that the intent of the speaker was to welcome everyone who is a member of a sexual minority. I personally think it’s outrageous that people are so thin-skinned that they get offended over such a ridiculously trivial thing.

4 Likes