US Politics

The UK Telegraph has a handy Trump sexism tracker.

1 Like

Why would I need a list of nasty things Trump has said to individuals who are women? I could collate an equally large list of nasty things Trump has said to individuals who are men.

Not as morally bereft as the right electing this:

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t think traditional conservatives/Republicans were that keen on him, but hey, they vote Republican. Perhaps you should talk to some of the traditional left-wing/Democrats across the US rust belt who changed long term allegiances to flock to him like flies to shit. :wink:

Oh absolutely, and thatā€™s partially the fault of the Clinton campaign getting cocky and trying to win states in the Deep South instead of trying to maintain Pennsylvania. Looking at the Clinton ads from the campaign, it was easy to see how those communities werenā€™t enamored; it had nothing to do with their working-class struggles.

Bernie wouldā€™ve won :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curiouser and curiouser.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-defends-sharing-information-with-russians-in-white-house-visit-20170516-gw6d7m.html

Cracking season thus far. The writers have surprised me by pulling off some amazing twists.

Hoping the next 100 days keeps the pacing up.

4 Likes

The ratings are certainly very good, but almost all network bosses arenā€™t keen on a second season.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a pity that some people go on these reality shows just for a shot at short term fame and will do anything to stay. How many times have we heard ā€œIā€™m not here to make friendsā€? But otherwise, itā€™s been an amazing journey so far and an achievement just to make it this far in the competition.

A buffoon who is clueless.

[quote]There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

1 Like

Look I support him, but sometimes I wish heā€™d shut up to keep him out of trouble.

1 Like

Well then, heā€™d have to shut up all the time.

1 Like

Trumpā€™s big mouth has revealed that heā€™s colluded with Russia and tried to shut down investigations. Frankly, Iā€™d encourage him to talk more, only because it seems to be implicating him further in scandal.

I respect that you support Trump, but it should be more that you support the same ideas as him rather than support him. Cut him loose and find someone better than Trump.

1 Like

Forgive me, I may sound like I am blowing a gasket and thatā€™s not my intent, but your comment is somewhat disturbing.

You are asking someone to drop their support? How is that even remotely respectful? Everyone is entitled to support the man and his insane policies no matter what the consequences are. The election result proved enough - they wanted Trump, they wanted someone different and who will think of the little people of America, bring back jobs, fight terrorism (etc provided heā€™s done maybe 1 or so on that list). Thatā€™s like censorship. I have no idea why the left always have to make sure that the people who support the opposite have to ask someone to cut their preferred politician out because 100% of the left hate and disagree with his policies. America voted for him. This is the end result - this is what they get for the next four years. I would never ask someone to drop their support for someone and their policies, even if I disagree with it.

So anyway, do you thind the mid terms next year could be a warning sign for Trump if Republicans lose seats? Not that he would care now, because itā€™s clear he doesnā€™t.

As President of the United States, he has the power to declassify the information. Itā€™s his given right (like firing and hiring anyone he want). But however he would have to been to flippant to ignore the consequences following, whatever he told the Russia mue whatever was in that classified document. He could have been a bit more careful or least have discussed it with those close to him.

Itā€™s appearing that heā€™s making these decisions himself, and no consultation with his staff.

You seem to ignore how the right do exactly the same thing. This was most evident with the way Julia Gillard was treated when she was Prime Minister.

3 Likes

Because Trump has fucked up.

Drop your support for the man, not for the cause. Trump and/or the others who have potentially committed crimes need to face the consequences of his actions.

Itā€™s not censorship. What a ridiculous overreaction. Iā€™m suggesting that Trump supporters should look to someone else to be the figurehead of their movement, because Trump is too far gone. Let Trump be impeached, dust yourselves off and look to someone else to rally around. The worship around Trump is coming at the consequence of sanity (although, as a progressive, Iā€™d wager there was little to begin with).

Do you understand where Iā€™m coming from?

Other political movements do this all the time. The labour movement didnā€™t die because one politician lost an election. The Liberal Party is still around despite having lost an election in 2007, as is the Labor Party after 2013.

2 Likes

I actually agree with this and should of said it at the start, I agree with his ideas and opinions. In a way, I wouldnā€™t mind if he was impeached as Mike Pence is a great bloke with more credibility. I just feel if Trump is impeached, as a supporter of his beliefs Iā€™ll be naturally defending him, even though his ideas will still be carried on by Mike

2 Likes

Jesus Christā€¦ heā€™s a first class fucking nut job.

2 Likes

Pence doesnā€™t trust himself to have lunch/dinner/coffee alone with a woman who is not his wife just in case. He should be able to trust himself that nothing will happen, but he canā€™t.

1 Like

I really donā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with Pence, itā€™s about the content of the character, not the character itself. I think he would be a great face of the views the Trump administration hold and the 60 million people who voted for him (Trump, Pence)