TV Week

The point is that H&A is scheduled week after week, and goes to air week after week - apart from the usual summer break. It’s not the sort of show that Seven is likely to dump at a moment’s notice. And AFAIK most of the double and triple bill episodes are scheduled in advance around other commitments, it’s not like they just happen at a minute’s notice?

And I did say H&A was “one of the few shows” in this category. Of course, Neighbours is another logical title. I’m all for Neighbours getting more prominent coverage as IMO it’s the better show of the two, but objectively speaking, if I was a magazine editor and looking at the ratings numbers for H&A versus the ratings numbers for Neighbours and possibly getting sent loads of free PR images, etc, from Seven, I would find it hard to justify putting Neighbours on the cover every second week.

4 Likes

This week’s cover without the Harvey Norman banner.

2 Likes

Kate Jenkinson for Amazing Grace.

The huge cover advertising is continuing.

Also an 11page advertorial for Star on Disney including a flip over alternative TV Week cover.

2 Likes

At least a new show on the cover!

The advertising banners still suck. But we’ve seen newspapers sell off whole front pages to carry advertising, the TV Week front cover ads will probably only get bigger :pleading_face:

2 Likes

https://www.newsagencyblog.com.au/2021/02/15/harvey-norman-ad-may-impact-tv-week-sales/

3 Likes

he could have least acknowledged who sent him the photo :wink:

8 Likes

Would have been nice if he acknowledged you.

But yeah, i am still not a fan of the sponsor on top of the logo on TV Week. With the extra money now, i wonder if the mag itself will get a facelift? Like new tv guide layout, more behind the scenes articles? Etc.

Also, on the “throwback page” on the last pages of the mag… could they at least make the old tv week cover smaller, and actually talk about a few stories that were going around in that old issue?

One comment left there says there has been no impact on sales. Not sure of the veracity of the poster but.

that’s the experience of one newsagent. Probably would need a greater sample size to gather any significant trends one way or another.

I wonder how many people bought it and didn’t realise there was an ad

The Facebook news ban has seen TV Week return to using Twitter after almost 12 months.

Still waiting for the inevitable Brax flashbacks but they’re still on about this “potential” McLeod’s Daughters movie. The one that hasn’t gone past the first draft stage…

3 Likes

This is going to be a very long countdown if we are subjected to these sorts of posts every few weeks. Also posted on Instagram which made me :roll_eyes: as soon as I saw it.

1 Like

Again cropping out the banner ad

3 Likes

The banner ads have ended but Home and Away…again. On set exclusive. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

of course it’s an exclusive, who else would have it?

Exactly.

They’re also promoting another magazine out this week: TV Week Home and Away. Special Collector’s Edition.

How will readers tell the difference? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The price. :stuck_out_tongue:

TV Week Home and Away Special Collectors Edition, on top of the normal TV Week with Home and Away’s On Set Exclusive. Wow, what a big difference…! lol

Why on why do they even do this for?

It would seem somehow that there is a market for it. The show appears to be single handedly keeping the magazine afloat.

1 Like

Yes, thats true. I get that. No other reason why they keep having Home and Away on the covers regularly, and have some random special collectors issue if there wasnt a market. I know that us regulars in this forum dont like it week in week out though. lol. But seems the market is out there.

1 Like