TV show ideas

I like this idea.

The X Factor Australia
Seven Network, Quarter 1 2022
Sundays 7:00pm-8:30pm
Mondays 7:30pm-8:50pm

Not a new TV show, but what about a revival of The X Factor? The show has now been off television screens for five years so hopefully reviving the show would lift Seven’s viewership, up against tough competition in Married at First Sight.

I would bring back Luke Jacobz as host, and the judges would be Simon Cowell, Natalie Bassingthwaite, Mel B and Jimmy Barnes.

Live show where all the acts perform is on Sundays, and the Results show where an act is eliminated (and guest musical performances) on Mondays.

The format of the show would start off with Room Auditions, followed by Bootcamp, Six-Chair Challenge, Judges Houses and Live Shows.

Is this alongside The Voice, Australian Idol and Australia’s Got Talent?

And why do you need an extra 20 minutes on Monday to boot someone?

Only AGT. I would forget about Idol, and rest The Voice for the year, with which ever show that rates higher getting to stay on in 2023.

The Monday show actually starts at 7:30pm and runs for an hour and 20 minutes, which is shorter than the Sunday show, which is an hour and 30 minutes.

Look I don’t like it. I think 7 has enough heritage brands. As for 1 hour and 20 minutes to get rid of someone just make it an hour.

1 Like

Plus, if it was an hour and 20 minutes, what would you show in the last 10 minutes of the hour? Not a 10 minute block of commercials and promos, that’s for sure.

What Happened?
VIC Television*

This show will focus on the events of serious experiences that happened like the 911 attacks, Cyclone Tracy, 2020, and more. It would be placed in a timeslot of 7 pm.

Segment 1: What happened?

Segment 2: The Aftermath

Segment 3: What is happening now?

*Note: This is if VIC TV was not bought by WIN.

2 Likes

Why would it be a VIC TV thing? Surely a national network would’ve come up with that, if they haven’t already done so.

1 Like

Nothing says family-friendly entertainment like terrorism and natural disasters!

5 Likes

Isn’t that what they class the news as? :rofl:

1 Like

Moving to 9.30pm will be better by targeting a more mature audience.

Puzzle Masters

A spin-off of Lego Masters, this show would see ten pairs of people in pre-existing relationships get given the same 1,000-piece puzzle which they must solve within an allotted time. Each episode is dedicated to one main-round puzzle.

This is a rough idea of how the show would run:

• If all ten pairs complete the puzzle within the allotted time, the two slowest pairs then go into an elimination round where they must try to solve, as much as possible, a 500-piece puzzle within an hour. The first pair to complete their puzzle will go through to the next round; if neither manage to complete the puzzle in the time limit, then whichever pair’s puzzle was least-completed on percentage would be eliminated.
  • At the end of the main round, any pairs who fail to complete the main puzzle will go into an elimination round where they must solve a 500-piece puzzle within the one-hour limit. If all pairs complete this puzzle, the slowest pair would be eliminated; if only one pair failed to complete the puzzle, they would be eliminated. If no pairs managed to complete the puzzle, then whoever’s puzzle is the least-completed on percentage will be eliminated.
  • If only one pair fails to complete the main puzzle, they will be instantly eliminated (i.e. no elimination round).
  • The Grand Final involves the final two pairs, who must each complete two 1,000-piece puzzles within the same time limit as allotted for a standard main puzzle. If both pairs complete the two main puzzles, another round is contested to determine the champion; in this round they must complete a 500-piece puzzle within one hour; the first pair to complete this puzzle instantly wins the game.
6 Likes

Good idea. I could see this airing on Channel 9. Would Hamish Blake host given he hosts Lego Masters, or someone else?

2 Likes

Sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry - or grass grow.

3 Likes

Good idea, but I can’t see this in prime time 7.30 slot

2 Likes

This does not sound very exciting. Watching people assemble a puzzle is not the same as watching people creatively design and build an interactive 3d Lego structure.

1 Like

Don’t know if this is the correct thread for it, but I have an idea for a TV mini-series (or even a movie) based on the events of the pandemic in Australia over the past 18 months:

Lockdown

An Ideal Cast
Chris Hemsworth as Daniel Andrews
David Wenham as Brett Sutton
Claudia Karvan as Gladys Berejiklian
Naomi Watts as Dr Kerry Chant
John Howard (the actor) as Scott Morrison
Grant Bowler as Mark McGowan
Bernard Curry as Andrew Barr
Simon Baker as Steven Marshall
Cate Blanchett as Annastacia Palaszczuk
Bryan Brown as Prof Brendan Murphy

Some key scenes

• The first scene is at an airport where passengers arrive into the country, just as the coronavirus outbreak was at its infancy. Passengers are scanned at the airport prior to leaving.
  • The cancellation of the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix in Melbourne
  • The various press conferences including the one where Scott Morrison says “Andrew, you don’t run the press conference” and another where he mispronounces ‘barre’
  • The Victorian press conference where Daniel Andrews says “you can’t get on the beers” and another where, at the end of that state’s 112-day lockdown, he answers a journalist who asks whether Victorians can finally get on the beers, again
  • States’ individual border closures and the subsequent wars
  • A focus on a family in Victoria which struggles to cope under the state’s 112-day lockdown
  • Various scenes where a family watches a game of AFL or NRL in which there is no crowd
  • A scene where Andrews questions why would Victorians go to South Australia to holiday
  • Real clips from commercial news bulletins would be used.

Classified M, it contains adult themes, some coarse language and some violence.

As with most movies/mini-series based on real life events, some scenes would be altered for dramatic effect.

2 Likes

I think AFL would be a better idea.
Also, what network?

Some additional ideas for scenes:

• people sneaking across closed borders and subsequently being tackled to the ground by police and jailed
  • show a text conversation between Gladys Berejiklian and Annastacia Palaszcuk around State of Origin time
  • ‘Karen from Brighton’ who got sick of walking around the same streets in the suburb of Brighton in Melbourne
2 Likes

I’m thinking Seven could pick up this mini-movie; it would draw massive ratings for them.

In this case, real-life clips with Peter Mitchell or Mike Amor reading the news would be used for the Victoria lockdown scenes.

1 Like