TV/Media Vehicles

The Scania was first so it won :smile:

1 Like

I believe seven purchased a massive fleet around 2002. All cities had them. They were phased out around 2012.

Yes, I reckon you may be correct (take a year or two).

In terms of fleet age, I am surprised that GTV9 (I’m not sure about other city stations) still have their Land Cruisers.

Those Suburbans are massive - from memory they seat 9 people!

I thought Seven had a few for the Olympics (they may have used them for the torch relay?)

Truly are…

I think you’re correct! Although it did come at a cost. 21.8L/100KM. Yikes. I am sure they did, they also popped up in All Saints on occasion.

Note the number plate on this NEP outside broadcast vehicle I came across near the Olympic stadium in Munich (2019-01-04, 20:25 CET) :slight_smile:

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Seven News Gold Coast SUV at Trickett St Surfers Paradise, just a few blocks away from where i’m currently staying.

8 Likes

That Win News Shepparton is only very new as the old I heard was involved in a accident late last yea(There is a Holden Going around with WIN logo on too)

1 Like

10 Likes

They look great. It would be nice to see southern cross invest a bit more into the Darwin market.

I’m assuming these are just promotional vehicles?

1 Like

Probably.

Don’t know about the Seven Darwin one but I daresay the Ten Darwin vehicle has been around for a while, with new logos replacing the old ones.

2 Likes

Why would DDT have it’s own car? Doesn’t make sense money-wise?

That 10 Peach logo seems to have been made into the same shape as the previous 11 logo, totally off brand guidelines - even though I prefer the stacked variation which I think 10 would’ve been wise to use also.

4 Likes

They would just be company/promotion cars used by staff.

It was taken near a press conference on Thursday when Bill Shorten was in Darwin, which both Channel 7 and 10 attended

1 Like

Most likely, and probably borrowed when news needs it for a national story.

Does southern cross even have a reporter based in Darwin?

Yes, forgot her name.