TV/Media Vehicles

I probably couldn’t tell how many kms it has done over it’s lifetime thought.

It’s a wonder they haven’t already sold it.

I can’t imagine a company like Nine running any vehicles that are more than 10 years old even, let alone one that’s getting closer to 30 years.

The custom fitout on those link trucks makes it worthwhile to hang on to. Plus, the idling it does to run everything while out and about means the engine would’ve been replaced 2 or 3 times by now… cheaper to replace the engine than the car.

You’d be looking at $250,000 to do up one from new… and you’d be lucky to get $10k for it now.

5 Likes

Nine are mostly running Klugers now but I’ve seen those Cruisers in recent times.

NTD also has “NTD-(insert 2 numbers)”

They also have the Nine logo embeded into their plates and “Territory Television Darwin” as the plate slogan. I’m assuming the NT Government got them made for the network years ago.

4 Likes

Same with NBN, but three numbers.

1 Like

would Melbourne have something similar?

I believe GTV are still using their fleet of 2002 Crusiers. The plates are the old black and white ones with GTV and some number combination, (probably 001 or something)

Channel Nine (C. June 2007).

Credit (Flickr): John

Channel Ten (C. November 2012).

Credit (Flickr): Joe

9 Likes

GTV has two Landcruisers from early 2002 - rego were GTV901 and GTV902. They added a Volkswagen van in 2019 which got the GTV902 plates. The Landcruiser got given new general issue plates and it still in service.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure HSV had car number plates, of did a little while ago to.

Thanks @webguy! Interesting to hear it’s on general issue now.

Channel Ten (C. January 2011)

Credit (Flickr): Michael Coley

Channel Seven (Melbourne) (C. November 2010)

Credit (Flickr): Marcus Wong

8 Likes

I loved those channel 7 vehicles.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I wish I could of replied to this thread earlier, like yesterday earlier…
Travelling on the M1 north of Coffs, I had and ABC media vehicle past my heading north. (not sure where they were heading?)

I do wish I got photo, but I was the one driving.
(Funny enough, that vehicle looked quite new, with its NSW number plates in the latest range of the year with the first two characters being CV.) I didn’t think to many cars would be getting registered this year???

2 Likes

There really was only a 4 week slowdown in Australia around March. Aside from the Victorian shutdown.

1 Like

Being something of a car and number plate nerd, CV is a 2019 rego plate, as NSW is nearing the end of the CZ series (and it takes about 3 months to get through each).

3 Likes

Tons of new cars this year due to the multiple $10,000 super payments and all the government wage subsidies…

2 Likes

Also a good time to upgrade for those with money - dealers were offering deals to get sales and the price of used cars went up as it was harder to get stock of new cars from overseas.

3 Likes

The 8HA / Sun FM 96.9 van at the 8HA 100.5 FM transmitter at Yulara.

Source: Facebook - 8HA

9 Likes

Shared with Radio TAB?

2 Likes