TV Magazines (not TV Week)

Many many channels missing but decent roundup of the major ones

I suppose so, I forget that they have heaps of niche multi-channels there not via the major networks. But it really shouldn’t be hard for the magazine here to include full listings for the multi-channels we have here.

1 Like

The entries also include a lot more info on each program than TV Week makes room for.

There is also a preceding page for each day.

2 Likes

The US “TV Guide” has a two page layout for each day. Each edition covers a 2 week period. Each day is listed twice - for Eastern and Pacific time zones.

There is also another section that has some extra info for each day.

1 Like

so they only list prime time now? And now it’s essentially a national magazine there are no listings for local channels anymore?

2 Likes

TV listing for next Monday from “Love TV” - seen each Saturday in The Mirror. Each day gets 4 pages in the 56 page magazine.

2 Likes

In the UK - same image used as TV Week

2 Likes

3 August 2002: Cover date for the first edition of What’s On Weekly, Pacific Magazines’ rival to TV Week which it had just sold its half-share to ACP.

6 Likes

I thought some might be interested to see what the Foxtel Magazine listing look like

5 Likes

Yeah, and for a while now, at least on the latter part - apparently the last “localised” editions (and subsequently, first “national” versions) of TV Guide were put out in October 2005. You’d notice the 7 Eastern/6 Central hour is just marked as “local programming” for the broadcast networks in that pic.

2 Likes

I wonder what the Foxtel Magazine listings look like in the 2000’s

3 Likes

The UK’s Radio Times is set to streamline its three regional editions for England into a single edition. There are no changes to Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales editions.

The changes to the listings come as regional variations to BBC radio are being cut back and there are now fewer non-news regional variations on television.

This comes some years after the US TV Guide cut out all local listings in favour of a handful of timezone-based editions.

1 Like

Up on the Sunshine Coast for a few days. Bought the local “Sunshine Coast Daily” and found their TV listing interesting

• It lists both Brisbane and Sunshine Coast LCNs but not the related program variations eg. only lists Hot Seat at 4.30

• Under “Please note” near the bottom, it lists an advice for Mackay viewers re program variations. That is a TV market that is 850 kms away, and still no changes are shown.

5 Likes

Here is the Gold Coast Bulletin’s attempt to list metro and regional TV variations… one of the better ones I’ve seen other 9 Regional being incorrectly listed as NBN.

1 Like

I thought 9 regional is NBN on the Gold Coast?

1 Like

Yes, but on air, it’s not kmown as NBN anymore, its Nine.

1 Like

But doesn’t it have the little “NBN” addon watermark still?

1 Like

Only during Hot Seat and only on the Central Coast and Gold Coast.

2 Likes

The Gold Coast Bulletin used to publish the UHF channels of Tamborine and Currumbin, until sub editing was outsourced and the page standardised.

3 Likes

Yes, I remember those from when I was living up there in the late 90s.

It would be too confusing to publish those these days in the world of LCNs.

2 Likes