General TV History

Could have been the head station for a lot of Victorian country stations, and become a Network in its own right. Similar to the WIN network, but really we’re only guessing.

1 Like

Hamish Macdonald during his short stint at WIN.

11 Likes

I know it’s a very long time ago when he started his career at WIN TV, but did he work in Wollongong for the News?

Canberra

Was TVW7’s eye logo used the same time as HSV7’s?

6 Likes

Got a video of this? If so I’d love to see it because the only clips of Nine 2002 Christmas Idents on YouTube are some really low quality 144p files from a long defunct website!

3 Likes

Sure do! I may have some from other days too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The right one: WHO???

Suzie Wilks

2 Likes

WBZ Boston - Jack, Liz, Bob, Bruce and Joyce, and a serious nostalgia overload - watch the great chemistry at the desk as the band gets back together, after spending 17 years on-air at WBZ.

2 Likes

From what i’ve heard, HSV7 used this ID from March to September when they adopted ATN’s Rainbow 7 logo.

HSV7_1975

Do you know what font they used in that ident?

From what i’ve been told, it was a special font created for HSV-7.
But i’ve been trying for years to find out what the font was called.

I have something to ask you, all guys and girls in this thread (or, “my friends”):

Our “Auntie” (Vietnam Television - VTV) often heavily (?) relies on imports, which including your “Auntie” (ABC). However, these imports are from “dirty feed” (since these was recorded from Australia Network, rather than ABC-TV, and still retain the AN’s bug).

Some past footages from our “Auntie”, or on it’s “second program” (1990’s, that’s often very hard to find) found that some imports had a weird bug on the corner right, that had an Australia map inside the circle (both of that are orange or yellow). There was a channel with that bug, but with the name called “No name 01”.

So I want to ask everyone, @myfriends that:

WHAT IS THAT CHANNEL NAME???

(I guess is ATVi - now A+)

You are correct, it was Australia Television International

1 Like

They did indeed. And I’d love to see / get hold of the ident. There was one version that went for about 20 seconds or more that did a whispered count " one, two three, four…" up to you know where. But no one has ever found it or posted the full version on YouTube.

It was a lot more sophisticated than the Seven rainbow circle. Perhaps too much so at the time. Which is why that Seven Color Television HSV ident didn’t last.

1 Like

There is this. Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuVZorE8n8

That’s the short version that’s been on YouTube for a while. Thanks, but I’m after the longer versions!

Surely someone out there has the longer version.